The Doctor Is Dead

"Confirm human. Traces of facial contact with non-human. Continue the search." The Judoon stated, then handed me a booklet written in some language I couldn't read. "You will need this." They told me.

"What's this for?" I asked, frowning at the booklet.

"Compensation." They replied before walking away.

I turned to Martha. "Did I just get handed a sex booklet from a rhino?"

She burst out laughing. "You may have."

I rolled my eyes and tossed the booklet. "I got enough of those in grade school. Come on, let's go find the Doctor." She nodded, still laughing, and followed me.

We ran into the MRI to find Miss Finnegan standing beside the Doctor, who lay unconscious on the ground. The Judoon scanned the Doctor.

"Confirmation. Deceased." They said.

"No, he can't be. Let me through. Let me see him." I begged, pushing through the Judoon only to have them block my path by sticking one arm out in front of me.

"Stop. Case closed." They told me.

"But it was her. She did it. She killed him. She murdered him." I almost pleaded for them to understand.

"The Judoon have no authority over human crime."

"SHE'S NOT HUMAN!" I shouted.

"Oh, I assure you, sweetie, I am. Look, I've even been catalogued." She showed me her hand and smirked as if to say your move.

I glared at her and looked down at the Doctor, wondering what he would want me to do.

"Wait a minute. You drank his blood. She drank his blood!" I exclaimed to Martha and the Judoon. Martha's eyes widened as she caught up with me.

Martha grabbed one of the Judoon's scanners and pointed it at Miss Finnegan.

"Oh, I don't mind. Scan all you like." She grinned evilly and I smirked, knowing we had her.

"Non-human." The Judoon confirmed and I laughed.

"But, what?" She stumbled.

"Confirm analysis." 

"Oh, but it's a mistake, surely. I'm human. I'm as human as they come." She attempted.

"The Doctor is dead and you finally get to pay for your crimes." I told her.

"Confirm. Plasmavore, charged with the crime of murdering the child princess of Patrival Regency Nine."

"Well, she deserved it! Those pink cheeks and those blonde curls and that simpering voice. She was begging for the bite of a plasmavore." Miss Finnegan exclaimed.

I turned to Martha and her eyes were wide as she watched Miss Finnegan. She looked like she was thinking the same thing as me how the hell did this woman pass for human.

The answer was simple of course: humans were able to be just as cruel as a plasmavore. Without the bloodsucking of course.

"Then you confess?" The Judoon confirmed and she chuckled.

"Confess? I'm proud of it. Slab, stop them!" She ordered and the Slab got two steps towards the Judoon before the Judoon fried them.

"Verdict, guilty. Sentence, execution." 

Miss Finnegan darted over to the MRI scanner and plugged it in. The Magnetic Overload sign flashed on.

"Enjoy your victory, Judoon, because you're going to burn with me. Burn in hell!" She laughed as the Judoon fired and incinerated her.

"Case closed."

"But what did she mean, burn with me? The scanner shouldn't be doing that. She's done something." Martha told the Judoon and I. The Judoon scanned the MRI scanner.

"Scans detect lethal acceleration of monomagnetic pulse." They said.

"Well, do something! Stop it!" Martha begged.

"Our jurisdiction has ended. Judoon will evacuate." The began marching out and Martha followed them to the corridor.

"What? You can't just leave it. What's it going to do?" Martha asked.

I headed over to the side of the scanner and pulling panels off and looking through the wiring. My eyes widened.

"Martha! It's going to blow."

Her jaw dropped and she turned on the Judoon.

"You can't go! That thing's going to explode and it's your fault!" She spat at the Judoon.

"Martha." I moaned. "Stop it. They're not coming back." I told her and she sighed and walked back in the MRI room.

She knelt beside the Doctor and began CPR on him. I started working on the wiring, trying to move wires to their proper locations. I knew it wouldn't be enough, though. I had to do this and work from the controls all before time ran out. The lack of air started to take effect on my body I began to feel dizzy and I fought through it to work on the wiring. If Martha couldn't get the Doctor back, this was our only hope.

"One, two, three, four, five. One, two, three, four, five." I heard Martha say. I glanced over and sighed.

"Martha!" I shouted. "Two hearts!" My sight started to get fuzzy as I continued to feel the air thin around me.

"Right!" She began pumping both hearts. "One, two, three, four, five. One, two, three, four, five."

I stood up to go to the main controls and finish the work to stop the MRI from exploding. I tripped over myself, unable to think straight with the lack of air.

Martha was feeling it too, she began to gasp for air, and I had just opened the controls when I started gasping for air with her.

I saw her pass out and the Doctor bounce up.

"The scanner." I told him, fighting for the small amount of air I needed to talk to him. "She did something."

Then the world faded to black and I felt my head hit the hospital floor.