Chapter 4

September 3rd (Friday)
Daniel's POV-

All week I was pushed and shoved and the football team wouldn't leave me alone, one of them punched me a cut my lip so now my lip is kinda swollen. I'm just glad I get to get away from them for about 10 days thank you seniors wanting homecoming. Right now I'm on my way to pick up Finn from school to help him finish packing his clothes for the visit to see dad with mom. I didn't want to go so moms not making me go I'm just going to stay home and keep the dog and house clean and safe.

"Danny I can't wait to see daddy" he says hopping in the car buckling up

"You leave today are you excited to take a plane to California to see dad?" I ask him pulling away from the curb and driving to the house

"When do me and mommy leave today?" He asks me

"You leave at 4:00 so you have just under 2 hours to get everything packed" I say to him

"Okay" he says happily

We make it to the house in 7 minutes and hop out to get his bags packed I go upstairs and change into a pair of sweats and just leave my chest bare even though there is still bruises. I walk into Finns room his room is in a theme basketball theme, he has a twin bed right in the middle of the room that is covered in a basketball bed spread and he has a mini basketball hoop above it that's just for show. On the right side he has a mini trampoline so he can 'slam dunk' the ball on the hoop on the right side of the wall. On the left he has a large bookshelf with tons of books and trophies from his basketball and baseball teams, he loves sports I do to I just don't show it much. Next to the book shelf is a bathroom and next to the bathroom is a little closet for his clothes. And he has tons of different bean bags on the ground with posters of basketball and baseball players. Across from his bed is a 55 inch tv with a game console for his sport games.

"Let's get you packed" I say to after he slam dunks the ball on the trampoline I pull out his medium size suitcase so we can start packing his clothes. " you need 2 nice outfits at least, 10 pairs of underwear and socks and 3 different pairs of shoes"

"Okay I'll get them" he says running into his closet and coming out with 2 pairs of khakis and two different button downs and 2 belts. He also is carry the socks and underwear and a pair of Nike running shoes, slides and a pair of nice shoes.

"Okay now you need 1 pair of pants 9 pairs of shorts and 1 long sleeve and 9 t shirts and then you need just one hoodie" I say to him folding his clothes and putting them in his suitcase as he comes back out with everything I told him he needed.

"Thanks Danny" he says to me after I finish folding everything and placing it in the suitcase

"No problem do you want a hat or anything else" I say as he runs into the closet again and comes out with a superman hat that is gray and says superman with the little logo on it.

"Now I need to pack a blanket and stuff to do on the plane" he says to me holding a small book bag up

"Okay get a blanket your iPad and charger and one of your books and last but not least your stuffed dog" I say to him as he jumps up getting them from his bed. "And you need to change into something more comfortable"

"Can I wear my superman shirt and sweats and the superman hat?" He ask me

"What ever you want" I say to him " I'm going to go to my bedroom come to me when your finished"

"I will" he says I walk into my bedroom and grab my SnapBack superman hat from the rack of hats I have, it's a gray hat with the red and yellow logo outlined in black, the bills blue and on the bottom of the bill it says superman in big letters. Finn got me the hat for Christmas last year since he wanted me to have the same color superman hat so we could match. I go to the bathroom and style my hair up so you can see my hair when I place the SnapBack on backwards, my hair sticks out just a little and that's just the way I like it.

"Daniel" I hear mom say walking in front of the bathroom door

"Yes" I say

"What are you doing?" She asks me

"Putting my hat on right" I say to her as she laughs

"Okay well me and Finn have to get ready to leave can you carry our bags to my car for me?" She asks me after I walk out of the bathroom

"Sure mom" I say walking to the stairs where she placed the suitcases so I could carry them down for them, I place them at the bottom of the stairs so I could carry them out right before they leave.

"Finn honey come downstairs we got to go" mom yells to Finn as she makes her way down the stairs

"Okay mommy" he says running downstairs in a blue superman shirt and his gray sweats that match mine. He's wearing his hat just like I do, he says I'm his role model and wants to be just like me which I don't understand why he would want to be like me at all. I walk outside after them just as the same car that's been pulling up everyday at the neighbors house with Lexi driving and Parker in the passenger seat. I ignore them but I can feel eyes on me as I walk to moms white Land Rover and open the trunk before lifting the suitcases my arms flexing every time. I shut the trunk and turn to see mom and Finn standing there talking quietly.

"Have a good week" I say to mom and Finn

"I'm going to miss my little man" she says to me pulling me into her arms I don't understand why she calls me here little man I'm 10 inches taller than her.

"Mom not that name again I'm taller than you" I say to her but I hug her back anyway

"You will always be my little man even when you have kids" she says to me

"Alright I'm going to miss you too" I say to her

"I love you have a good week sleeping" she says to me laughing

"I will I love you too, tell dad I said hi" I say to her as I let her go so she can get in the front of the car, I look up to see Lexi and Parker are still sitting in the car and are pretending not to stare at me.

"Danny" Finn says hugging my legs

"Finn" I say in the same voice as him picking him up so I can hug him without having to bend over and hurt my ribs more.

"I'm going to miss you" he says to me wrapping his arms around my neck

"I'm going to miss you too Finn but you can tell me all about it when you get home" I say to him

"I love you Danny" he says to me kissing my cheek

" I love you to little guy" I say to him placing him in the car just as Bella comes running out the front door and jumping up to lick Finns face before I shut the door.

"Bye Bella" he says petting her head

"Have a safe trip guys love you" I say to them having Bella sit next to me as I wait for them to pull out of the of the driveway.

"Bye Danny" Finn yells out the window as I just laugh waving at him before watching the car drive away. I turn to go in the house and see Adrianna and her friends all looking at me as I just turn to go in the house not even questioning it.

"Let's go Adrianna we have a party to be at by 6:00 and it's half an hour away and we need to eat" Parker says

"I'm going I'm going" she says just as I shut the front door

About 3 hours later it's already 7:30 I worked out in the basement for about a hour and I'm now watching fuller house I'm getting ready to call the pizza delivery to order some pepperoni pizza when I hear a loud clap of thunder and pounds of rain hitting the ground. About 10 minutes later I hear the doorbell ring, I get up not knowing who it is because I have no friends and everyone left already so no one should be ringing the doorbell. I get up to open the door still in my sweats and my SnapBack. I put on my glasses before I go open the door to see....

I know everyone hates cliffhangers even I do but it makes you more interested in the book and makes you want to continue to read the book even if you want to put it down so Who do you think is at the door?
Thanks for reading
Everlark2000