Chapter 0-Prelude

The world is filled with two types of people, those who manifest animal-like appearances and abilities and those who are limited to the realm of human capability. Within a year after birth, a child will bear symptoms of the manifestation. If there is no sign by then, the child will never display them. There is no apparent heredity to the phenomenon. A child born from humans can manifest animal features. The opposite scenario is also true. One thing is for certain, though; while the two may cooperate peacefully, there exists a separation. A boundary. This does not apply to all, but the general population follows this rule: "stick to your own."

Humans are scared of things that are different than them and are unknown. They also long for the things they cannot have, and hold feelings of envy and jealousy towards those that possess those things. This cannot apply to everyone, but is an accurate description of human nature.

It is also human nature to desire acceptance. No human enjoys being ignored. The instinct has been carved into the DNA of organisms since the beginning of life, "Isolation is equivalent to death." Humans crave attention, yet they fear the pain of rejection. That fear can be greater than the longing for interaction and deter people from ever making contact.

These feelings from both sides are the cause of the boundary. It may be impossible to break it down. Or maybe one day someone will tear it down, even if it means ripping one brick apart at a time.

Wouldn't that be interesting to see?