Chapter 7 - That

Warning: this chapter will contain mature themes such as different kinds of violence. Although it is not incredibly explicit or gory, there is serious abuse. If you are sensitive to these kinds of things, please skip to the author's note at the end of the chapter and I will include a very brief summary. I do not wish to trigger traumatizing memories or emotions.

Hinata wakes with a sharp throb at the back of his head. On instinct he attempts to rub it, but can't quite reach it. With a flare of pain he glances behind his back to see his hands bound together, which is also tied to some kind of pipe. A bit excessive, the crow thinks, but whatever. His feet are in a similar situation. Hinata peers around the room, trying to assess the situation, though the constant ache makes it somewhat difficult to think, surprisingly. The room is rather dark, illuminated with a single light bulb. There appears to be a few windows, but they are all covered by trash bags. Various types supplies, such as sporting equipment and cleaning utensils, line the walls. Looks like he's in some sort of storage shed or something.

Now that the room has been analyzed, the small prisoner tries to remember exactly why he is in this situation. Though his mind is still a bit fuzzy, he starts to retrace his steps. He left home on his bike, just like normal. He arrived at school and stashed his bike, as he does everyday. He went to class, as he was obligated to do. He went to go get lunch, as per usual. Some guys blocked his way and pushed him into a corner, harassing him; pretty average. Then he... Then he got hit in the back of the head. One of the guys shoved something into his face and... And, he woke up here.

The full brunt of his situation finally dawns on Hinata. One could practically hear the blood drain from his face. He was honest to goodness kidnapped. The familiar sensation of panic begins its strangling hold. Breathing becomes more difficult than it should as the beat of his heart elevates to a near painful level. Out of all the years that he's had these hideous, malformed wings,  this is the first time the hybrid has been abducted. The bullies in this school are a lot more extreme than he first thought. Up until now there has only been the usual annoyingly loud whispers and the typical cold shoulder. He should have known something bigger was coming, but Hinata was lulled into a sense of false security by his natural optimism. Honestly, how many more times is he going to let hope get the better of him? But if it wasn't for volleyball and that naive hope, he would be a shell of a person, at best. Dead, at worst.

Oh God, he wasn't going to die here, was he? Black spots dance around the already dark room. Bile bites at the back the throat and a sudden wave of lightheadedness washes over him. What is he going to do? What can he do? Screaming for help is an option, but what if the perpetrator is outside the door? Oh God, what would they do their prisoner? What do they even want? If they were going to beat Hinata up, they would have just done it already instead of going through all this trouble. Oh God, they're going to kill him. They're going to kill him and dump is body in some ditch. That's why they kidnapped him, to kill him. The crow vomits, painting the ground and a bit of his shorts. There is no resistance left in him to halt the various fluids streaming down his face. Drawing his knees to his chest, Hinata tries his best to curl into nothingness, despite the restraints.

Dammit, why is it always him! Why does he have to be tormented and now murdered while assholes like Kageyama and all the bullies get away scot-free in life. Just because someone is different than everyone that person has to be tortured and killed. He didn't ask for this. He didn't ask for these damned wings. He didn't ask for the years of sleepless nights, the endless nightmares, a lifetime of isolation.

It's not fair, dammit.

Tears come even faster.

It's just not fair.