Finale

Christine

After I kissed my angel, his fiery golden gaze studied me intensely. His confusion was quite clear, but it seemed impossible for me to explain how my love for him possessed me to kiss him. But I refuse to regret a thing. No, I truly am glad that I kissed him for now he can at least understand how I feel for him.

"Christine?" His usually precise and direct voice lacked its assertive quality. His eyes were filled with confusion, and I bit back my lip. Perhaps he didn't love me anymore? I turned my gaze to the ground, wishing that I could somehow disappear. I scolded my brain for allowing my love to seize control. But then, I felt his hand tilt my head back up towards him and my heart began to pound.

 His lips met mine in a fiery warmth that filled me with such a heat that I felt like I was melting. But his hand snaked around my waist, keeping me from falling apart. Divine melodies played inside my mind, and happiness flooded through me. It was over all too soon, but I would be alright for my angel  loved me back!

"Mon amour, how I have missed you so." How his words elegantly flowed with his angelic voice so beautifully, I did not know. I trembled slightly from the cold, but drew up all my courage to respond. "I love you Erik." I said, meeting his excited eyes.

"If this is a dream, than I hope that I shall never wake up to life's cruel demands. I would much rather die."

I laughed at his sweet words, and touched his face gently. "Well then you shall live, my dear, for this is not a dream!" 

I barely had time to gasp before he swept me up off my feet, bridal style. "How happy I am! Christine, I am certain that I shall die of delight!" I giggled at his outrageous statement, but then noticed that his already slim figure had turned frail and bony.

"Erik, have you been eating?" I questioned, studying his hollow face. He shrugged nonchalantly, "I stopped eating after you left." I gaped at him, completely horrified.

"What?! Oh my, you'll fall apart if you don't eat something!" My worried state made him laugh, "Don't fret, mon amour, I can go a few months without eating."

I looked up at him in awe, "That's amazing! Nevertheless, you must eat something! I can't have my love turn to skin and bones!"

He stared at me in shock, "Say that again."

"Skin and bones?"

He smiled at my confusion, "No, before that."

I smiled," My love." He let out a sigh, stroking my hair.  "How did you say that to me?"

I chuckled, studying his awed face. "I said that because, I, Christine Daae, love you, Erik Destler." Joy took over his features, and he spun me around in the air, making me laugh in delight. This was making me feel like I was a little girl in Sweden once more.

"Marry me, Christine Daae."

 I nodded vigorously, holding his hands tightly. 

"Yes!"

We must have been the two happiest people on the planet, for our love shined brighter than all the stars.