22

"This is when you say, thank you Jacob, you're the best friend ever." The friend mumbled while nudging Michael.

"I'm sorry, what am I thanking you for again?" The older man smirked and cleared his throat. "Mr. Perez don't you think it's time to join the other critics?"

"Awe, my date is pushing me away." Jacob pouted, then let out a small laugh.

"Jake if you don't get." Michael playfully pushed him.

"Alright Alright. You know what time dinner is right Eli?" Elijah nodded in response and Jacob parted ways with the two ex lovers, who now stood in silence not sure of what to say.

Michael didn't forget about Elijah. He was the person who changed him, forever. The boy on the other hand was over the argument, over the drama, and over the older man. He was twenty-one now, his career was in full blast now, with no time to waste.

"Well we can't stand here all day." Elijah grabbed the man's hand and smiled. "Let's go where there's less people. I don't want us to get caught up in the crowd."

Michael was surprised, Elijah was...different. He didn't think Elijah would ever talk to him again, or even touch him. But he was glad to see him doing well, even if it is without himself in the boy's life. Elijah took him to the more vacant side of the art museum. He wanted to at least have a conversation with the older man, but without the loud crowd.

"I see you and Jacob are still close as ever." The boy attempted to make conversation.

The older man took it the wrong way. "Elijah I'm not like that anymore, I've changed."

The boy laughed. "I know you've changed. Jacob has told me."

"You've been talking to Jacob?"

"Never stopped. Even though you were the reason I left, Jacob wasn't just going to let his best artist go because his best friend was a fuck up."

Michael sighed. "That's something he would do behind my back."

"We did this meet up behind your back also, but it doesn't seem you're upset about it. Why?" He looked at him.

"Elijah... I missed you." The older man grabbed his hand. "I've missed you since the day you left. I was wrong about what I did back then and I'm sorry for hurting you."

The boy was frozen. He didn't know how to respond to him. I can't. I don't want to get caught up in all of this, again.

He quickly pulled his hand away from the older man and looked down. "Michael..I-I'm in a relationship now."

He lied.

Michael suddenly became uncomfortable. "Oh... I'm sorry I didn't know."

"It's fine umm..." Elijah turned around and continued to walk through out the museum. "Let's continue."

There was an awkward silence.

"So, why are you here with Jacob?" The older man asked trying to clear the awkwardness.

"Well, my art is kind of being displayed here. Jacob is going to introduce it for me." The boy explained.

"Why wouldn't you just do it yourself?" Michael rose an eyebrow.

"I've missed you too Michael."

Later on that night the first day of the art exhibition came to a close. And the three accompanist stood at the opening of the museum. Michael was happy on the outside that he got to see Elijah, but in the inside he was upset. His feelings for Elijah still remained and knowing the boy was in a "relationship" crushed his soul.

"Earth to Michael." The friend waved his hand in his face. "I'd think you would pay attention for free food."

"I'm paying attention Jacob. Let's go." The older man walked to their car and was beyond unamused.

Jacob looked at Elijah, with a look saying what did you do all over his face. And the boy sighed and looked down. "I told him I was in a relationship."

"Relationship? Who's the lucky person?" Jacob smirked with his arms folded.

Elijah rolled his eyes. "I lied."

"Oh really?" The friend chuckled. "You scared?"

"I just don't want to get caught up again. Y'know? When he was involved in my life, I started missing out on various opportunities. And the only reason I'm where I am now, is because of you."
Elijah poked the friend's chest.

"Awe, way to make me feel special." Jacob chuckled and kissed the boy's forehead, I'll see you at the hotel alright?"

Elijah nodded and walked away. Jacob went to the car to find a grim faced Michael.

"What?"

"Why the hell are you making me wait for free food?"