Chapter 1: I like pumpkin soup

Once upon a time... Well hey, I'm Benji! And I like to play with leaves and  run around trees till I can't catch my breath anymore. I also like counting coins that I've saved up to hopefully visit the city one day!

But wait little did little young Benji knows that she isn't allowed to go there.

My mom says that I am a good kid and she cares for me very much if I had a little accident just by falling down and hitting my head on a concrete wall. She isn't married no more. My mommy doesn't like to talk about much of the past to me...

When Benji was a little child. Her mother used to tell her bed time stories that hinted clues about her family. Benji grew up in a very harsh environment. Wherever Benji went, she would be looked upon as a cursed child. Because she was treated with such care. People in the town often had jealousy among her.

I like strawberry candies of any sort! But the sad thing is... I can't eat too much of what I like. My mom says to me,"Benji child, there are children out there with far worse conditions than you."
I didn't know what that means. But anyways...My new favourite thing in the world is Pumpkin Soup!

In one cold early morning at the end of September. Benji's mother cooked up a delicious stewed Pumpkin Soup for her. She made it with spices that grew on their garden and Pumpkins that were such vibrance of colour and taste all from the garden  too.

You see I don't have any siblings at all.
I am a very lonely child living in my own world of made up people of my own. I don't talk to strangers as much as I was told by my mother not to. So I listened.

Well, that will change very soon... As one day Benji went out of the wooden cabin where she lived in a secluded part of the town. Where the woods are foggy and scarce with green vegetation. It's like a cemetery but with a wooden cabin out of no where placed in the middle of it. Little Benji that day went out to play with the autumn leaves fallen from dead trees in her garden. Running around and throwing leaves high up in the air with her little hands. Benji looked so happy playing around.
Then, an old man with a dark shadow cast upon his face with a dirty brown cloak wrapped around him. Slowly approached little Benji in her garden of scattered leaves.

I do remember though, one thing that is very scary that happened to me when I was playing with leaves in my garden..

The cloaked old man gave Benji a small heart locket with silver lining. The locket was placed on her palm. She looked at it for a while and then no presence of the cloaked old man was ever to be seen. As the man vanished.