thorn || 05

Annora's POV

"Golf course?" I said. "Really?"

"What? You don't think breaking into a golf course at 2 am in the morning is badass?" Ashton said.

"Not really, not if it's 2 am in the morning" I said, shrugging.

"What's wrong with 2 am?"

"It's 2 am, there's no one so there's no risk you know and plus we are in a golf course. What are we doing here exactly" I said, playing with the hem of my shirt.

"Come on, I'll show you" He said.

He walked ahead of me not looking back to check on me. I guess that's the reason why I did, really. I followed him from behind until he stopped to a vehicle the one that you usually used on a golf course.

"Tada!" He said, opening his arms wide directing it to the vehicle.

I wanted to say something, to ask or something about what we're going to do but Ashton hopped on the vehicle patting the seat next to him.

"Come on" He said, smiling as he looked back and forth between the seat and me like he was beckoning me to seat on it. And I did.

"Hold on tight!" He said chuckling.

I don't know what's coming next and I don't think I want to. I hold on to the handlebar beside me praying for the best.

He started driving, zooming on the green grass in all sorts of direction.

"Are you sure you know how to drive this thing?" I said.

"Nope" He said, popping the 'p' sound.

"Right." I said.

It was terrifying but fun. You can feel the fast air hitting your hair and blowing your hair like the one when you walked past a person that's running really fast, only this is ten times faster or more. Then I saw a slope ahead of me, grabbing onto Ashton's arm while he was driving.

"Ashton!" I screamed.

"Hold on!" That was all I got out of him.

We drove up the slope and hitting the ground hard making both of us thrown out of the vehicle. I let go of Ashton's arm and fell down on my hands and butt, checking my hands to see if it was okay. My hands was red and my butt was sore. I saw Ashton a few feet from me on the other side of the sand pit.

Before I could say anything, he was running towards me checking in on me.

"Oh shit. I'm so sorry I thought I had control...I don't know....I don't really have an excuse for this....I'm so sorry Caroline" He said.

Ashton's POV

Shit. What the hell have I done. I looked at the other side of the sandpit, seeing Emily checking on her hands. I felt so bad, I stood up and ran towards her. Now I caught her attention, she looked up eyeing me. I bend down and started apologising to her. I felt so bad.

"Oh shit. I'm so sorry I thought I had control...I don't know....I don't really have an excuse for this....I'm so sorry Caroline" I said.

She didn't seem to say anything until she started laughing. A genuine laugh. She was laughing and she pulled her head back letting her brunette hair get dragged by the wind. She was laughing so hard and it was cute. She was clutching her stomach, still laughing. Her laughs become more louder and it became to one of those breathy laughs. Now she had one of her hands covering her mouth and the other one still clutching her stomach trying to calm herself down.

"I'm sorry it's embarrassing but it's...." She said after she stopped laughing.

"No it's not" I said cutting her off. "Your laugh was cute"