☤ 20 | torn

THE days were ticking away quickly as the crew prepared for the upcoming war much to Lilly's distaste

Nike, the goddess in the stables, finally shut her trap after what seemed to be hours. Earlier, there was a raging storm, but an insane immortal (Percy's half-sister) who was working for Gaea, was behind it.

That was two days ago.

Now, they were on a path to the Islands of Delos.

Three days remained until the war.
Three days until the death of a crew member.
Three days until Gaea's rise (if it happens).

The ship was barely intact and was in no condition to fly. The engine wheezed audibly each time the oars rotated. At one point, Percy and Jason had to get out and push the ship through rocks because it got stuck.

The crew sat on the deck, eating Gelato, something they got in the Italian part of the island they were docked at.

Sweetheart, she heard Apollo's voice within her head earlier. I'm here.

That's how it's been the past few days. Apollo had been trying to speak to her at the most random moments that it was becoming a distraction. The closer they got to the islands, the more she heard him in her head.

Leo on the other hand, was so busy in wiring Festus that he hadn't noticed anyone's arrival from the island until Percy went over to him and said, "Hey man. Gelato."

There was no storm or monsters attacks for the first time in days.

"We saw these Pelicans walking around town," Percy reported to Lilly and Hazel. "Like, just going through the shops, stopping at the bars," he said, making sure to direct his smile at her.

Hazel frowned. "Monsters in disguise?"

"No," Lilly said, laughing, "just regular old pelicans."

Annabeth let a small laugh escape. "They're the town mascots or something. And there's a 'Little Italy' section of town. That's why the gelato is so good."

"Europe is messed up." Leo shook his head. "First we go to Rome for Spanish steps. Then we go to Greece for Italian ice cream."

The group burst out in light laughter. The strange thing about this was the closer August first was, the more upbeat her friends acted. It was as if they were pulling together as if this were a game and they had to win. In this case, they had to.