Chapter 10: Moody

Javy POV

I can't believe Katherine is moving here to Chicago for school. She transferred to college here in Chicago. It's been a month since we met and decided to start going together. It's now September 14th and we play the Brewers at home. Our magic number is 1 to clinch our division. We are all pumped up.

Jordyn POV

I threw up for the third time today. Thanks to my little brother Ryne who's 15 that was here 2 days ago. He was sick and now I'm sick. Little rugrat. I haven't seen Kris yet today. It's 12:30 in the afternoon but I've been sleeping and throwing up. That's my day. Laying down watching Netflix with Wrigley by my side.

Kris POV

Jordyn and I moved into a new nice house in the country outside of Chicago. It's got a pool in the back plus tons of yard. It has a big kitchen just like Jordyn wanted because she LOVES to cook. And she's one of the best in the world. It's a 4 bed 4.5 bath house. It's nice as hell. The basement is all done and there's a bedroom down there along with a full bath. Our room, the master suite is upstairs with a full bathroom in it and a huge walk in his/hers closet. There's 3 guest rooms and like I said there's one downstairs.

I open the door to the house and I'm greeted by Wrigley, mine and Jordyn's black cat. I smile and I pick him up. He purrs as I pet him. I walk in further and see Jordyn asleep on the couch. I smile, lean over and kiss her forehead. Wrigley jumps down and lands on her legs. I walk into the kitchen and grab a water bottle, go downstairs and take a lil pregame nap.

I wake up when my alarm goes off and I go back upstairs. I see Jordyn still sleeping. I feel her forehead and she's a little warm. I grab a cold towel and put it on her forehead. I sit with her for a little bit and then she starts to move around a little and opens her eyes. She looks at me.

"Hey babe. You feeling ok?" I asked her. She nods yes. "That's good. I put a cold washcloth on your head." I said. "I see that. Thanks babe." She sat up. "I think I'm just gonna stay home from the game tonight." Jordyn told me. "That's fine babe. You need to rest up so I don't blame you for wanting to stay home." I respond. "I knew you'd understand." She smiled. "Can I get you anything?" I asked, looking into her eyes. "Can you get me some water?" she wondered. "Of course." I kiss her cheek and stand up. I walk into the kitchen, get her a bottle of Ice Mountain, then bring it out to her. "Here you go, my love." I hand her the cup. "Thanks, baby.'' She takes a drink.

It's 3:30 in the afternoon and the game's at 7:10 but I'm going early because of pregame workouts, BP, and just hanging out. "Okay, babe I'm leaving. I love you." I kiss Jordyn. "I love you too. Good luck." she kissed back. "Bye gorgeous." I said, grabbing my bag. "Bye Mr. AllStar." She smirked. I smiled and left.

Jordyn POV

It's 5:30, 2 hours til game time and even tho I told Kris I was staying home I'm feeling a lot better. Less tired and I took medicine. I texted Brittany Arrieta and she's gonna come pick me up and take me with her. She gets here and I walk out. I'm wearing my Bryant jersey with my Baez shirt underneath. I'm wearing a pair of jean shorts with my black and white Adidas Neo Cloudfoam shoes. I have my ombré hair up in a pony tail. "Hey girl. I'm so glad you're feeling better." Brittany said as I get into her car. "Thanks Britt. Me too." I respond putting on my seatbelt. "Auntie Addi!" Cooper yells from the back seat. "Hey Coop how are you?" I asked him. "I great! Daddy pitching today!!" He said all excitedly. I smiled. "So Kris doesn't know you're coming?" Brittany asked as she pulled into the Wrigley parking lot. "No. He thinks I'm home resting." I respond. "He's gonna be surprised when he sees you." Brittany responded. "Yeah he is." I say, getting out of the car. "Auntie Jo! Can you carry me?" Cooper asked. "Yeah sure." I smiled and picked him up. "Auntie can I stay with you and Uncle Kris sometime?" He asked. "I don't have an issue with that but it's up to your mommy." I tell him. "Mommy can I stay with Auntie Jo and Uncle Kris sometime?" Cooper asked Brittany. "Yeah, I see no problem. Let's make sure with daddy and Uncle Kris first." She smiled at him.

We walk into the players entrance because we're allowed to. The security guard lets us in the clubhouse. I have Cooper on my back. I scan the room for Kris but don't see him. Probably play fighting with Anthony somewhere. I follow Brittany to where Jake is. "Hi Daddy!" Cooper says. "Hey bud." Jake responded. "Daddy can I stay with Auntie Addi and Uncle Kris sometime? Mommy and Auntie Addi said that I need to ask you and Uncle Kris." Cooper said to Jake. "Yeah I don't care buddy. But you need to give me a hug before I can totally agree." Jake responded. I give Cooper over to Jake. I see Matt Szczur and I walk over to him.

"Matt, is Kris around?" I asked. "Jo! Kris said you weren't coming because you were worn out." Matt said. "I started to feel better after a nap and I took some meds after Kris left so I decided to come so Brittany picked me up." I replied. "Oh well that's good. But yeah I'll show you where Kris is." Matt said. I followed Matt to the dugout. Kris was outside taking BP. "We'll stay here and be really quiet." Matt whispered. I grab my phone and take a video of Kris taking his BP. I put the video on Instagram.

@jo_mitchell14: Watching my wonderful fiancé @kris_bryant17 take in some BP before tonight's game against the @cardinals. ❤️💙⚾️🐻 #Cubs #LetsGo #KrisBryant

Kris finished his BP and is walking back to the clubhouse, not even noticing me. I smirk at Matt and I walk behind Kris, run and jump on his back. "Jordyn got down." Kris said. I don't say anything and I kiss his neck. "Jordyn that's disgusting. Stop." Kris throws me off his back. "Ow.." I said kind of loudly but Kris doesn't hear. I stand up and brush off the dirt that's on my jersey. I'm so confused. Kris seems like he's in a pissed off mood. Who pissed in his Wheaties?

I sigh and wait til he's the only one in the clubhouse before I go to talk to him. "Kris?" I say. "What the hell do you want Jordyn?" He asked, almost yelling. "I-I nevermind." I stutter trying not to let the tears in my eyes fall but I fail and they start falling. "Don't start crying." He said. "I-I can't help it." I said

I walked into my office, shut the door and sat alone crying. Why am I crying? Kris is never like this. He was so loving to me earlier but now he's all pissy with me. I hear a knock at the door.

"Who is it?" I asked. "It's Tony." The voice says. "C-Come in." I said. The door opens and Anthony walks in. "Hey why are you crying?" He asked. "I don't understand Kris. He was so loving to me today at home. And then I come here and he's all pissy." I sigh. "He's nice to all of us." Anthony said. "Because you're guys. I'm gonna go home." I say. Rizz pulls me into a hug. "Adds, don't. I'll talk to Kris." He said. Tears are still falling. "Hey, dry eyes." He wipes my tears away. "Thanks Rizz." I said. "You're welcome Jordyn." He hugged me again then left the room.