Pack Lands

Werewolves, like their animal counterparts love to run. They need a lot of space and generally have lands neighboring state game lands or national forests. 

                   Now one of the things that I keep coming across is the whole idea of "pack house" which doesn't sit right with me. I understand that werewolves have a pack mentality however they are still part human and coming form personal experience, EVERYONE needs a place to call their own. So pack lands have more of a commune or a compound feel, where everyone has their own homes. 

             Pack Center- this is in the center. There is a center ritual area. This is outside and large enough for the entire pack to be at and an alter in the center. This is were the Pack Witch preforms the rituals for the pack .  Surrounding this there are three buildings. The Largest Building directly behind the altar is the Community Building, which I will go into more details later. On the left and right sides of the Community Building are the dorms. These are were non-mated, non-ranked pack members live. The left building is for the warriors, hunters, scouts and pupwatchers where the one on the right is for the subordinates, omega, and pups that have reached maturity but not yet placed. 

               Community Building- This is were the Council Chamber is. It's also were most of the non-ritual gatherings take place. Basically it like the pack rec center where they celebrate birthdays, first shifts, "marriages", alliances, etc. It's also were they go for funerals. It will be the largest building, as it's need to hold the entire pack. However it is only a single floor.

              Alpha house- The second largest building on pack and will be at least two floors. And of course it's the home of the Alpha, his mate, and their offspring. It also can be home to the Alpha's siblings, if they are not mated and don't have their own home. Those of the Alpha bloodline DO NOT stay in the dorms. This will be a few hundred yards behind the community building.

            Beta House- Off to the right of the Alpha house and about a football field away is the Beta house. This one is smaller then the Alpha house but that it the only requirement for it. In many cases the Beta House is inherited along with the title. 

             Gamma House- Off to the left of the Alpha house and about a football field away is the Gamma house. This is smaller then both the Alpha and Beta houses. 

So basically if you want to know who's in charge look for the three biggest houses. 

           Directly across from the Pack Center is the Medical facility which holds on the medical equipment, the patient wing, and the maternity ward as well as medical staff housing.  To left is the doctor's house and to the right is the  midwife's house. As they are humans and seen as important to the pack they are permitted to their own homes whether they are married/mated or not. 

       Now behind these is the other housing for mated pairs and their families. It also houses the Hunter, Scout, and Warrior leaders as they are ranked.

      The pack witch's house, depending on their status is a bit away from the rest of the pack. Witches are human with magically abilities that are connected with nature. They need to be in spot that has connection to at least two of the elements, which is why you will generally find there homes close to a body of water; a large tree; and/or a mountain. 

Now packs lands are self sufficient. Meaning that they generally have their own power source (Solar panels, Wind turbines, and/or water turbines). They also have green houses and farmlands as well as raising livestock and hunting the local game.