Chapter 11. Grim

Kanette opened her large book, then widened her curious eyes to see all of our frightened faces looking up at her. She assigned everyone a partner, mine was Albus, who was even more curious then anyone. His eyes wandered to me, as if he thought I knew what was happening. "Today we'll be reading tea leaves, the small mysteries inside our drinks, which help us understand our fait". Kanette said joyfully, as if she understood what we were all thinking. I sat with wonder as Albus and I switched the tea cups from each other's grips. "What's yours say?" He asked happily, I guessed he knew already that mine wouldn't be as bad as his.
      "It shows a sun, which resembles happiness, but it also has a moon, which is darkness, so basically you'll always be happy in the darkest times". I said reading threw a red book with black sparkles attached by Kanette.
"Okay. Well, yours shows a, umm. I don't know what that is, it's like a dog, but not". He said with a weird tone in his voice. He handed the porcelain tea cup to me carefully, trying to not break its brittle touch. I searched the book once again for the tea leaves in the cup. "Here. It's called The Grim. The Grim, I heard that before. But, it doesn't say what it means, only that it's an omen". I said unsurely.
"An omen of what?"
"Death". I started to become scared.
We left the class room quietly, most went to The Great Hall, I went to The Defence Against the Dark Arts class room. "Niall". I looked around the empty classroom for the sweet face I've learned to know. "Bella. It's not the best timing, what do you want?" He asked quickly.
"I was wondering if you knew what the Grim is. We read to leaves in Divination. Mine was The Grim, Albus couldn't figure it out either, so I came to you".
"I'll tell you later, but for now I can't. The moon will be rising soon, so I must be ready when she does. Away from the castle is where I must be, and you must be safe inside". Niall said in his wise voice, which he uses when he doesn't want anyone to know something.
He left the classroom, leaving me alone in the chilly room under darkness. I ran up into his gloomy office to see what he had. I opened all the books, all the closets, nothing was there. As I opened the last book, there it was.
The sign of Werewolfy
The Grim, which is normally known as The Sign of Werewolfy, is a werewolf in fairy tails, which are now true in the Wizarding world. Werewolves are the sign of death, therefore Grim is its omen. Every month on the 28th day, the 7 stages of Werewolfy rise in the moonlit woods. A werewolf will kill it's friends, family, even its own kind if he/she is in the need of killing. Therefore The Grim, means Death.
          "Tonight he'll rise again. Tonight he will kill whatever he can". I muttered. "I need to bring Candor Holt back. He can teach me, he can show me what to do. I'm an Animagus, I have to control it to make this stop".
       I left the clean room, then went back to my common room to find Beatrice laying on my bed waiting for me. Her leg was in a gray cast with blood by the foot.
      "It's a time turner, you know. I tried to go back, but I couldn't. You have to do it". She said frightened.
      "I understand. I know I have to do this, go back, change time back to the way it should've been. I'll go tonight. It's been three months since the incident. Maybe, it'll just work". I grabbed the time turner, then put it on my dresser. She left the room in silence, then turned to glance out the window. "Be safe".
     "I will". I changed into a mauve hoodie and light jeans. My hair was up in a ponytail, my feet in tall brown boots, and my mind, focused on what I should do, who should I bring. No one. I can't risk anyone else for me, I knew that. But, Severus would come, even if he died, he'd want to be by my side.
      Of course I did what I had too. Severus was in The Gryffindor Common Room, talking to Hunter in the corner. "Severus".
      I told him everything as we ran down to Laith's Hut.
     I grabbed the time turner out of my bag, then put the mangled necklace around our heads, then time went back. What they used to say was wrong, Time isn't the undiscovered element of traveling. It's been discovered by years and years of witches and wizards, but I may be the one to end the race of time travel.