1

Their relationship had never been an easy one, it had always been a fatal flaw in their team. Taking advantage of emotions, trying to lure them to their demise with screams of agony and begs that could destroy any normal man. They'd agreed never to go to them, for fear of the other being killed because of such a thing.

The battles were just as hard, trying to fight back the urges to run to the others side, the anger they felt towards the opponent only helping them win the battle. The flights back to base, where they'd send longing looks before retiring to their quarters. Bodies intertwined, holding the other as close as they could with no words needing to be said, the others mere presence was enough reassurance to know they could make it. Until it wasn't.

Peacekeeper held between his fingers, his other hand positioned over his flashbang the screams of agony began again. Jesse threw a flashbang at the last few remaining enemies and rolled away, reloading as he fired a few shots to finish them off. He had to resist the urge, yet somehow he found himself going that way anyway. Kicking dead weight to the side, he let out a sigh and let out yet another spray of bullets that flew through the air with a sigh. Hearing a buzz, he smirked and reloaded before aiming his gun once more. Multiple men and women fell to the ground and he took that opportunity to glance at the body he had kicked to the side only mere seconds before.

As luck would have it, it just so happened to be Hanzo. A cry stuck in his throat, and he bent down quietly. Cold, cold, and he never thought he'd be so damn angry over this. He expected himself to cry, but all he saw was red. Every enemy his gun hit only pushed him further, agony tearing at his heart as he charged forwards. Sloppy punches, bullets landing like there was no tomorrow, bullet casings falling to the ground as he finished the last of them off. Reality came crashing back down and before he knew it a wave of anguish hit him.

Angela rushed over, the rest of the team not far behind as they noticed what had just happened. Alone he had wiped out almost an entire team, and they were unsure whether to fear him or whether to ask how. But the body partially buried under the rubble was enough explanation for them, Jesse on his knees with his peacekeeper thrown to the side told them enough. And whilst Angela and Lucio desperately tried to revive him, Jesse found himself being pulled towards Jack. With an arm around his armoured torso, he let out quiet pleas to be left for dead, whimpers escaping his lips as he chanted words like they were his lifeline.

"He isn't dead. He isn't dead. He can't be dead."

They were always right, Hanzo was his weakness and they'd finally broken him. Angela had taken it upon herself to knock him out so he didn't do something extreme, and McCree welcomed the darkness that clouded his vison in the hopes that maybe he wouldn't wake up. But all he got was torment, Hanzo was there holding him and he desperately clung to him with tears in his eyes before it all faded away. Light, light, light and the room that they shared and it looked just like any other morning.

Maybe it was just a dream, maybe it was just a nightmare. He dared to think it was just a dream, maybe Hanzo wasn't gone. Maybe he had just left early, gone to make some of his Japanesey stuff like he did every morning. Feeling a small smile slip onto his face, he found himself dressing almost robotically. It was just a nightmare, he'd walk in and Hanzo would be there sipping some of his tea and they'd stand there together whilst Hana, Lena and Lucio pretended to hate it. But they wouldn't, they never had the heart to take it any further than a joke.

Before his thoughts could take over, he heard his com go off. Something about an emergency meeting came up, and Jesse found himself walking to the briefing room, bumping into Angela along the way. Her sympathetic looks were suspicious but he shrugged it off and put it down to how tired he must look.

Swinging the doors open, but holding it for her he let out a sigh of frustration. He didn't really want to go, but decided it was more important. Sliding lazily into his chair, he spotted Genji sulking in the corner. It was suspicious, but he tried to keep his reality going. Winston ambled in a few minutes later, and with only a seat empty it confirmed his suspicions. It was only a dream, it was only a dream, it was only a-