Sleep Over

You pull the ___(f/d) out of the oven (or take it off the stove), setting it down on the counter with some pot holders underneath it. Just as you're taking off your oven mitt, you hear the doorbell ring to your apartment. Quickly putting the mitt down, you run over to the speaker, holding down the button. "Hello?" "Hey ___(f/n), it's Maou and Ashiya." You hear from the other side of the speaker. "I'll buzz you in. Come on in!" You press the other button to let them in, a few minutes later the door to your apartment opening as you're setting plates down on the table. "Ashiya! Don't just walk in! Knock first!" You hear Maou scolding his friend. "She said to come in." Ashiya replies "Still!" You step into the living room section of the apartment. "It's fine. I'm glad you guys made it! I just finished cooking. Do either of you want anything to drink?" "Water is fine." Maou answers. "Are you sure? I've got some drinks in the fridge." (In the story you're 20 which is the legal drinking age in Japan) "Maou-sama, we shouldn't deny our host's offer. I'm sure a drink or two wouldn't hurt." Ashiya insists. "Okay then, sure." Maou gives in. "Great! Just give me a minute to finish setting the table. You can leave your shoes by the front door." You say, running back into the kitchen. Maou and Ashiya take off their shoes, then glancing around the apartment. "Wow ___(f/n), your place is way nicer than ours." Maou comments. "Thanks, but it's usually a mess. I started cleaning as soon as I got back from the store since you guys were coming over." You reply from the kitchen, placing all of the food in the middle of the table along with setting forks, knives, and a drink by each plate. "You didn't have to go through all that trouble for us, Miss ___(f/n). We're used to less than subpar living conditions." Ashiya adds, Maou elbowing him in the arm for it. "Oh.... Okay well, everything's set if you guys are ready to eat." The two of them walk over into the kitchen, their eyes widening as they stare at the table covered in food. "There's so much.... It looks amazing!" Maou exclaims. "It smells delicious too!" Ashiya adds. "You made all of this by yourself?" Maou asks in aw. "It wasn't a big deal. I usually only cook for myself, so I wasn't sure how much to make. I might have gone a little overboard, so feel free to sit down and eat as much as you like!" The three of you all sit at the table, filling your plates full of food and opening your drinks while starting random conversations.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

About two hours and a dozen drinks later, the three of you were finished eating, Maou and Ashiya both completely stuffed, having eaten nearly everything you made. "That was the best meal I've ever had..." Ashiya says, practically slumped over the table.. "Yeah, that was way better than anything they serve at MgRonalds. You're amazing ___(f/n)! I wish I could eat your food every night." Maou compliments you. Before you can reply, Maou suddenly stands up, pointing at you dramatically. "In fact, I command that you come to our fortress every night and cook for us! That is an order from the Devil himself!" You sit there in stunned silence for a moment, unsure of how to respond. "Fortress ...? The Devil ...?" Maou's eyes widen in sudden realization, his drunken state having lead him to admit his true identity. "I mean uh-" He's interrupted by your eruption of giggles. "Hahahahah! You're still going on about that? I mean, it was funny before, but now it's hilarious! Hahahaha!" You end up snorting in laughter, something you'd normally never do in front of anyone other than ___(bf), but thanks to the alcohol you've loosened up and let your usual defenses down. Maou slowly joins in laughing, Ashiya giving him a confused look, Maou signalling for him to laugh as well and go along with it, playing it off as a joke. Once the laughter dies down, Maou nods at Ashiya who quickly stands up as well, the two of them in a hurry to leave due to Maou's potentially revealing outburst. "Thank you for having us over ___(f/n). Everything was great, but we should really be going now." "Oh, okay. Let me walk you outside then!" You reply, getting up from your seat. The three of you leave your apartment, walking downstairs and going outside the apartment building. "Thanks for coming over, I had a lot of fun." You say. "We did too." Maou agrees. "I'll see you later then." "Yeah." "Um, Maou-sama. There's a problem." Ashiya interrupts, the two of you looking over at him. "What is it?' Maou asks. "The bike, it's gone." "What?" Maou looks around, even checking in a nearby bush. "Where did it go?" "Someone may have stolen it." Ashiya comments. "I knew we should have bought that bike lock!" Maou exclaims. "Wait, how did both of you come on one bike?" You ask curiously. "It was quite simple. Maou-sama rode on the seat and I rode on the back." Ashiya explains. "But that's illleeggaallll." You reply, putting extra emphasis at the end, still a little buzzed from the booze. (In case you didn't know in Japan it's illegal for more than one person to ride on a bike at a time.) A loud and heavy sigh comes from Maou, who is now covered in leaves from triple checking the bush for his bike. "Well, there goes one of my paychecks. I guess we'll just have to walk." "But it's already so late, and it's completely dark out." You comment, sounding rather worried. "We'll be fine Miss ___(f/n), there is no need for you to worry about us." Ashiya tries to assure you. "There's no way I can let you guys walk home. I heard a couple was attacked last week while walking around at night!" Maou glances off to the side and rubs the back of his neck awkwardly, knowing that she's talking about the incident with him and Emi. "Besides, your still tipsy from all those drinks, you could get lost. Why don't you spend the night at my place instead?" Maou's eyes widen, surprised by your offer. "T-There's no way we could do something like that!" He answers. "Why not?" You ask, not seeing a problem with it in your current inebriated state of mind. "We don't want to bother you anymore than we already have." Ashiya tries to argue. "It isn't a bother at all! And I'm just not comfortable with the two of you walking home like this, so there's no other way around it. You'll have to stay over tonight!" Maou turns and looks at Ashiya, both of them unsure what to do. "It'll be fun!" You insist, trying to convince them, Maou finally giving in. "I'd feel bad if you stayed up worrying about us, so I guess there's no choice." "Great!" ___(f/n) cheers, then going back inside the building, Maou and Ashiya following her up the stairs and back into her apartment.