[ 2 ]

After the break, the first time he sees Suga, the upperclassman has a beer in his hand.

"The job I need you for is more than being an assistant. The assistant thing was just a cover; I needed to test-run you as an employee and see if you could be trusted." Suga was shorter than Jungkook, but height was irrelevant; his dark brown eyes were piercing and his demeanor was strong. If you had asked Jungkook before today if he thought Suga was scary, he would've laughed in your face. But standing in front of him in this moment, Suga was scary.

"T-trusted with what?"

"I'm surprised you couldn't tell already. I'm a drug dealer." Jungkook almost fell to the floor. He would have easily been on the ground if Suga hadn't reached out to him to keep him sturdy on his feet.

"Stop joking." Jungkook's mind was reeling. Suga was the first drug dealer he's ever met in person. He himself have dabbled in weed in high school, and then got caught by his father and had gotten a good beating for it. His father's reaction was justifiable; possession of weed could land you in jail for a couple of years. Not too long ago a rapper was charged with possession.

Suga sneered. "I can hear you panicking from here. Kid, I'll take care of you, if you take care of me." Jungkook was ready to leave and go anywhere, but here when Suga casually said, "These past months I've been paying you a 100,000 won a week, right? Well I can easily quadruple that."

Best believe Jungkook stopped walking toward the door.

"400,000 won? A week?" He hastily turned around. Suga nodded.

✦✦✦

Suga didn't call him into work for a week so he'd have some time to think about it. Jungkook thought and thought. During that week, when he woke up he saw money signs. In the shower, he imagined swimming in cash. Lunch time meant calculating how much sushi he could buy if he had Suga's money in his pocket. When he slept, he saw an abundance of food and clothing and electronics he could buy with a monthly payment of 1,600,000 won. Shit, if he could kiss up to Suga in some way to get him to raise the salary, Jungkook could totally pay off his tuition. Like completely. Doing whatever it is that Suga wanted, while illegal, would be the equivalent of working four or five part-time jobs.

So yeah he thought about it. He beat around the bush with Hoseok to get his opinion.

"No need to be discreet. I know you're talking about Suga." Jungkook hung his head low. Well, of course. It was Hoseok who introduced him to Suga.

"And now you know why he's called Suga." Hoseok giggled. Jungkook stared with invisible question marks above his head.

"What."

"What, what? He's Suga because you know?" No, Jungkook really didn't know. Hoseok caught on after the one minute of silence. He shook his head with a smile. He'd let Jungkook find out on his own.

✦✦✦

"Glad you said yes. Anyway, Imma show you what to do." Suga was dressed in all-black when Jungkook had arrived. Tight black jeans glued to his legs and black winter coat. He looked tired, but sounded chirpy. With his legs kicked up on the glass table in his living room and hands in his pocket, Suga explained three basic rules.

1. Don't look suspicious. If you look suspicious, then you are suspicious.

2. Always get the money. Don't do any "I owe you". Otherwise, it'll be taken out of your payment.