Chapter 10

Festus

He could feel them in the greenhouse. Two warm bodies. Two hearts beating with the same rhythm.

The two machines worked for each other.  Worked harder for each other. Neither knew what they were made for, though. Both thought little of themselves. Like a key and lock.

A key can go its whole life thinking that it is just something to look at. Something that rarely gets picked up or moved without a lock.

Or a lock who is full of different gears and chambers, but is a hassle if there is no key.

A lock and a key can go on forever thinking that they were mistake inventions, when they are some of the most important creations the world has ever seen.

Leo, the poor lock, grew up thinking he was only a hassle to mess with. A hassle to his friends, his father, to foster homes...

And the key. The poor female thought that she too, was only a hassle. She also did not know what more she was aside from a pretty face. Good with the Earth, but there was nothing more to her.

Others would argue differently.

Both items would go their whole lives thinking they were useless or trouble. That is, unless they could find each other.

The two together could open up a drawer of new ideas, or perhaps a door to a whole world of new possibilities.

----------------------------------------------

DANG! This chapter was so flipping deep! Everything written in here is from my deep dark depressed mind! (NO No guys, I'm not actually depressed.)

BUT I DID NOT THINK OF DOING A FESTUS CHAPTER. I'M GIVING CREDIT TO    @WildernessGirl

She gave me the idea to do a Festus chapter. I wish I knew how to dedicate chapters...

Sorry it was super short! (It's hard writing deep like that).