Chapter 2 - How I became a Secret Agent

I hope you enjoy this chapter :)

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

& ENJOY!!!

____________________________________________________________

 On our way back to Head-Quarters, we were debriefed by Carl, our unit's debriefer. Carl and I are actually really good friends. He was one of the few people I actually talked to when I first came to Head-Quarters. And he was also there at the funeral.

 *FLASHBACK*

 The funeral was held two weeks after my parents' death. A lot of people showed up, which I was surprised about. I hadn't known my parents had this many friends. But then again, I didn't know much about them if what the man had said was true. Shaking that thought out of my mind, I looked around. I knew no one here. Only a few people since they were my relatives but no one else. They all looked grieve-stricken, but I was done grieving. Two weeks of crying my eyes out had done that. I knew that my parents wouldn't want me to be like this. I didn't want to go speak with anyone either though, all they would offer was sympathy. I didn't need sympathy.

 I wanted revenge. Revenge on that cruel man who took the life of my parents.

 An old man walked up to me. I had only seen him a few times in my life but I remembered who he was. My father's father. In other words my grandfather. Beside him was my uncle. I liked him, he always gave me toys every time he visited and he was a happy man. But right now he didn't look very happy. In fact, he looked guilty. Why would he be guilty?

 "Hello Elena," my grandfather said. I merely nodded, not wanting to talk to anyone. He looked around nervously, as if he were uncomfortable. That was weird. My grandfather was usually a proud and confident man. His aura radiated power and leadership. People called him intimidating. So why would he be nervous?

 He cleared his throat. "Um... Elena dear, what would you feel about moving in with us?" He asked uncertain. I remained silent, unsure of what to say. It wouldn't be too bad, I guess. I mean, I had been to my grandfather's house. He lived in a huge mansion. I would always get lost in the house whenever I visited. I had always wanted to live there but now that I think about it, I didn't want to abandon my parents' house.

 So I voiced my only question. "What will happen to my house?" I whispered.

 "Don't worry dear, it'll be kept under my name until you're old enough to move in," my uncle answered. My grandfather nodded in confirmation. That was all I needed to know.

 I nodded. "Then I'll move in with you," I answered my grandfather's question. He nodded at me in relief, then turned around to talk to someone. My uncle crouched down in front of me.

 "After the ceremony, I'll come and help you pack," he told me. I gave him a small smile. After that he stayed by my side until the burial, where he went up to make a speech. No one expected me to make one, they thought I was too young to understand. But I did. All too well.

 I watched my parents being lowered into the ground. A tear slid down my cheek. This will be the last tear I ever shed, I vowed. I will only cry when that evil man is dead. And they will be tears of happiness.

 "I promise," I whispered to my parents' grave. "I promise I will find that man and make him pay."

 I would not ever break that promise. Even if it cost me my life.

 As the years went by, I only talked to a few people. From them I learned more about my parents than I had ever known. I learned that they were honourable agents for my grandfather and that my father had been next in line for the title of 'Boss'. It had surprised me, I wouldn't have ever thought that my parents would be agents. It hadn't seemed possible. My father had been a well liked man and a role model for most. He was, and I quote 'the definition of power' as well as my mother in a more feminine way. Everyone knew them but yet no one knew the most important fact. Who had killed them.