2 | Gone Wild

OH, DEATH!
CHAPTER TWO

OH, DEATH!CHAPTER TWO

GONE WILD

Out in the middle of the woods of Mystic Falls, you could find a huge back-to-school party. It happened every year. Small lantern lights hanging up and illuminating the entire wooded area. It was packed with students of all ages, freshman to seniors. Everybody was drinking and having a great time, taking time away from the school year that just begun to let loose and actually enjoy themselves before slaving away behind their textbooks all year.

Michela pulled the bottle of beer to her lips and took another sip before letting out a laugh. She shook her head, staring at the guy who was under their two girl's evaluation. "Uh uh, you aren't serious. There is no way that he is an eight. His eyebrows look like they are merging into one and trying to crawl off of his face!"

Caroline's mouth fell open in disbelief, "He's Greek! And he's also a senior. And you know how I like my men. Older and hot."

"Hey, I'm just saying," Michela put both of her hands up in defense, "There are plenty of other, hotter guys in our school. No need to sink your claws into that one."

Caroline rolled her eyes, throwing back the rest of her drink from her cup. "Oh yeah, kinda like how you don't want to sink your claws in Tyler Lockwood? Where is he anyway?" Caroline glanced around them, to find that he was nowhere in sight. She raised her eyebrows at her best friend, "Weren't you supposed to be his date here or something? I don't see him."

Michela crossed her arms, "Actually, I won our bet so he has to do my history homework all year. But I saw him earlier. He probably ran off somewhere with Vicki Donovan."

"Was that just an eye roll?" Caroline mused, pointing her finger in her best friend's face, making Michela swat her hand away. The blonde grinned, "Just make out with him already, I'm sure he would oblige."

Michela took another sip from her drink, which she would need about eight more cups before she would ever want to have this conversation. The worst thing she could have done was tell Caroline about her crush on Tyler. Now she just waves the information over her head like a toy, and Michela is her very gullible cat. "Care, I don't even think he likes me that way. And just because he's a guy, doesn't mean he'll just hook up with me. He's my best friend."

"No, I'm your best friend. And I don't see you mopping around and wanting to hook up with me." She tilted her head to the side but then giggled, "Or wait. Do you? Because if that's something you're into, I'm totally not going to judge you. I love you either way."

Michela crossed her arms over her chest and sent the blonde a deadly glare, "No."

Caroline brushed her blonde hair out of her eyes and gave Michela a glance, "All I'm saying is that you are into him. And he flirts with you a little too much to not be into you. Maybe he just doesn't know what he's feeling yet."