Chapter Fourteen: Earth and Fire

We sat there for a long time. Just thinking. The only thing that told us we were next to each other was just hand in hand.

Hawk eventually decided to lean into me which I didn't think was surprising. Power-givings were exhausting and extremely painful. The day after mine, I slept for most of the late morning and got up at 12:00.

I finally felt him relax and fall asleep. I took this advantage to check out his wings.

My first thought was to gently put his head down on the ground but I changed my mind when I remembered there's snow everywhere.

I then looked at his wing and gently, not to wake him, moved his head so that it rested on my hand like a plate.

He moved a bit and I froze. "Shoot!" I whispered.

To my luck, his wing moved closer to me so that it stretched out across my lap.

I sat there. Looking at him with a expressionless face. "You are so weird."

I put his head back on my shoulder and looked at his wing.

It had gold streaks in it like an artist who had whisked a brush over the canvas.

His hand that was still clutching mine seemed to vibrate. Like it was not sure what to do with all of its power.

I rubbed my thumb over his hand and the vibration stopped.

"Huh."

I noticed this whole time that plants had not started creeping up on me like what they usually do in my room. It seems that when we're holding hands, it makes our powers relax.

I smiled. "Earth and Fire. Who knew that Fire, so destructive can be with a power that has it as its weakness."

I looked back at our hands, unmoved and unchanged.

My attention was turned back to Hawk when he started mumbling in his sleep saying, "I shall burn you caterpillar!", and "Who took Autumn?!"

This made me laugh when he seemed to burst with anger in his sleep. His eyes went mad even though they were shut and he seemed to twitch.

He eventually calmed down when I muttered, "I'm right here stupid", and he stopped and went back to normal. He finally said, "Give me candy!", and I knew he was fine.

I looked around. No one was out. It was just the calm wind whisking through the snow-covered branches.

I drew my hat over my horns and tightened my wings around my jacket. Poor Hawk only had a sweater for a jacket.

I smiled as I got an idea.

I knew a weak spot on his neck. If you touch it right, it makes whoever you do it to, turn into that Creature's animal. I love Physical Science.

I took my hand and found the place right beneath his ear.

I lightly pressed on it and he shivered until he shimmered into a hawk. Luckily at the last second, I managed to grab his head before it could face-plant into the snow.

I lifted him off the ground and made him laying on my arm.

I put my other arm around him and I flew into the air, with Hawk still asleep.

I landed on the Sequoia and looked at his house just in sight behind a grouping of young Sequoias.

I took off and found a deck and landed on it with a soft swish.

I looked inside and saw a dresser that seemed to have a sock hanging off of it. I looked to the right and saw a bed hanging in air by some tightly-bounded netting.

I looked at the door and saw a poster that said, "THE WING RACING CHAMPIONS OF 2015"

"Yep. This is his room." I said to myself and I quietly opened the door.

I looked up at his bed and saw a small little stairway leading to it.

I walked up it, eyeing the door every millisecond, hoping no one sees me.

When I got to the top, I set him on his bed and touched the side of his neck and he shimmered back into a Nether.

I smiled. His face looked calm, as if all of this was a dream.

I grabbed his hand one more time and saw some gloves next to a desk.

I picked them up and put them on his hands. "Help to conceal it."

He took no notice and just twitched.

I leaned over and kissed his cheek. "See you soon."

I went down the stairway and went out the door and shut it.

I quickly zoomed home and landed on my deck right when it started snowing again.

I looked back at his house. I smiled.

"Just the beginning..."

I went back in my room and got into my p.j's. I got into bed and turned off my small lamp.

I laid in bed and sighed.

"Just the beginning."