reminder; 84

—storytime; drowning

  so when i was about the age of seven; me, my aunt, my aunt's friend—and her daughter, all stayed at a hotel for the day since home was a bit far and it was getting late. so we stayed there overnight and in the morning, me and her daughter wanted to go to the swimming pool before we had to leave the hotel.

  so they took us there and we bought new swimsuits—since we didn't prepare any; just clothes, and changed into them. me and her daughter again—let's call her daisy. so daisy and i were the only ones going to swim, the other grown ups were just conversing while the were relaxing on the chairs—it was an indoor swimming pool.

  we were swimming in the shallow part and were too scared to go to the deep end or go down the slide, so we just stayed there. it got a bit boring though just staying there so she get's this idea:

"hey, ysabella—why don't we try and see what happens if you give me a piggyback ride while standing in the pool?"

  here's the thing, the shallow part wasn't necessarily "shallow"—it reached to about my neck since i was still small and short—i was only seven.

  but me being stupid, i decided:

  "okay!"

  so i waited and out of nowhere this girl jumps on my back, she could have gave me a warning!! but noooo this girl jumps on my back, and the next thing you know: we're drowning.

  i'm not too sure if we were wearing life jackets or not, but we were not rising; mostly because daisy wouldn't let my the fck go—THIS GIRL STILL HOLDS ON TO ME AND WE'RE SQUIRMING UNDERWATER.

  my exact thoughts at that moment:

  the funny part about all this was not the drowning part, NO

  the funny part about all this was not the drowning part, NO. it was how we were noticed and saved.

  i don't know where the hell these life guards were, but while me and daisy were drowning underwater, i happen to hold on to something; it felt like fabric.

  i decided to be smart and use it as a leverage to pull us slightly up but then noticed i just pulled down an old fat man's shorts. he pulled it up before i saw anything, thank jisoos.

  the man then looked behind him and saw who pulled his shorts; two smol drowning little girls

  the man then looked behind him and saw who pulled his shorts; two smol drowning little girls. he hurries to pull us up and i don't remember anything after that.

  this memory is gold; i'm keeping this for sure.

  *sighs*