Chapter 1

"Girl, you better get your ass down here if you know what's good for ya!" Mr. Barles screamed, his voice rasping from cigar smoke. 

Tanya was shaking in pure terror. Her father would skin her hide if she stayed locked in the shabby bathroom for another second, but if he found her positive pregnancy test he would probably kill her right then and there. She unlocked the door then carefully ran down the broken stairs two stairs at a time.

"When I call, you come! You hear?" He bellowed in rage.

Petrified of her high father, she nodded obediently.

He lit his cigar for probably the eighth time that day. "Make me dinner!" 

"Yes, father. Right away." She responded; robotic.

She opened the dusty food cupboard, not surprised it was almost completely empty.

"I have to get food." She whispered.

"Than do, you good for nothing wench!" He scoffed.  

Scared beyond belief, she grabbed the keys to her fathers broken down SUV and ran outside.

"I.. I'm pregnant." She said for the first time out loud. She wasn't a virgin, she was too traumatized and broken to stay innocent, but she thought she always used protection. "I can't, there must be some sort of mistake. It just can't be happening to me!" She thought in disbelief. 

"And I have school tomorrow, fantastic." She complained bluntly.