Chapter 2

"Okay, so make sure you've turned in your paper and your research. Class dismissed." Mrs. Simpson said with little enthusiasm.

RING!

"Hey, Tanya can I talk to you for a second?" Luke (captain of the football team, Tanya's biggest crush that she slept with, drunk) asked.

"Why are you talking to that whore, Luke? Is she paying you for some private time under the bleachers?" Luke's friends teased.

"F off will yah? I need to ask her about last Friday." He responded pretending not to be phased by it.

"Whatever." They sauntered away fist bumping.

"About last Friday, are you, ya know, pregnant?" Luke asked clearly worried.

"Yes, I am." She whispered; humiliated with tears silently creeping down her face.

"Don't cry; you're too pretty." He said wiping her tears with his jacket.

"Well, if you have my, I mean our child, it's only right that we be together. So, will you be my girlfriend?" He questioned.

"Okay." She smiled as he gripped her hands ever so gently.

"I don't know if anyone has ever told you , but you're beautiful." He complimented her affectionately.

"Thank you." She squeezed his hand; blushing.

"I guess not everything is wrong with the world." Tanya thought, not completely worried anymore.