Ren: First Love

Your POV

"Class, get together with a partner for a project. You are going to create an essay based on an experience you have had in high school," Our teacher then went on with more details.

"In the remaining 10 minutes, pair up," she says after finishing up.

Everyone got up to go with their friends. I just turn to the person next to me. And that would be my boyfriend Ren.

"Is there anything specific you want to write about?"

"You and me."

"We should write about us...?"

"Yes, because you were, are, and my only love."

--------------------------------------------

First Love by _____ & Ren

I didn't think you would ever notice me. (But I did.) I was the one that would get bullied for who I am. I was the one that got called names such as gay and girly-girl. I was the one that was forced out of the boys bathroom or my head would be flushed down the toilet...which happened many times. I was the one that got kicked out of the girls bathroom too. I was the one that got beaten up by all of the football players after school. I was broken down so badly until you came around _____.

When I came to Pledis High, you were the first to catch my eye. I made sure to accept and befriend you. I was very confused; I thought you were a girl yet not at the same time. You seemed so broken down; the way you walked with your head down and how you would sit in the corner of the classroom. You were the one with all of the bruises. You were the one that I fell in love with. I thought you were beautiful, more beautiful than me. (You are beautiful, more beautiful and pretty than me, okay?) You were the first friend I made. (It's because you made the first move darling, and I'm thankful for that.)

You were the first person to make me feel welcomed. I remember the first day you came to school; you had a beautiful voice. I remember your shaking voice saying, "Hello my name is _____. Please take care of me." Then you sat down next to me; the whole time we were making eye contact. During lunch you talked to me; you said hello and asked to sit with me at lunch. We sat in the library because it was snowing outside. You told your story of having to switch schools for being bullied. I then told my story and we could relate. We rose up to eventually become "the it couple" but we just accepted the fact that we are in love and that is all we need. You helped me to come out of my shell and make more friends. We have our little groupie. (Yes-JR, Aron, Baekho, Minhyun, and Jason!)

I remember it only took one second to become friends; just that eye contact made us connect. Then I remember how on Valentine's Day-just a week after I moved to town-you asked me out. It was both of our first date. That night was beautiful, absolutely beautiful. You called me pretty and beautiful and perfect. You made me smile and blush so much and at that moment I realized that I love you. We became fast friends and within that week beforehand we became inseparable. Anyway, my first kiss was on that wondrous night. It was snowing lightly and we were walking hand in hand along the Han River. We stopped before the twinkling lights and you looked down into my eyes. You told me, "_____, you make my heart flutter so much. You swooped in when I needed love the most. You gave me hope and you accepted me. I remember you saying that looks are deceiving, but what really counts is what personality brings." Then you leaned down to kiss me. It was sweet yet passionate. At first it was soft and slow, then it turned into something a little more rough. It was a feeling that made my heart flutter.

Yes, that kiss was quite something. That scene was perfect. I remember the next day in school when you had a note on your locker saying, "You are really pretty and cute. You have a nice smile. Sincerely, your secret admirer." Then at lunch he introduced himself as Aron. Then you told him that you were taken and then you grabbed my hand. We smiled at each other and then you told Aron to stay with us. He brought his friends to sit with us and we all talked, which eventually turned into a friendship. We made many memories together, from going to Lotte World to traveling to the United States that summer to visiting the countryside. I remember our first anniversary together and we went to the Seoul Tower where we went to have a nice dinner and then we went to a chic flick. It was ok...(That was a wonderful evening. You know you liked that movie!) I admit, it was more than ok. It was fine. I remember on our birthdays we would have a shopping day and then go to karaoke. There I was scouted by Pledis Entertainment and I told them I want to finish school. They said that I could and also train at the same time. We didn't see each other as often but we did make it work. Auditions came to town and Aron, JR, Baekho, Minhyun, and Jason surprised us by auditioning. We were put into a group and trained together.

You guys work hard and I'm proud of how much you have accomplished. Ren, I love you so much. Saranghae, saranghae, saranghae. I could be with you forever-no make that I WILL be with you forever. You are my other part of my heart. (Same darling.) When you are hurt, I am hurt. When you are worried, I am worried. Your happiness is my happiness. You work yourself so hard now; please take of yourself, okay? You came a long way. (I promise I will for you. I work hard for you because you helped me so much. I want to make you so proud and happy.) You already make me those things. I honestly don't remember much before I met you. You are so totally worth it.

Saranghae _____. You are my one and only darling. You were, are, and my only love. First love. (Same my love.)

----------------------------------------------

We read our essay aloud to the class. Our teacher asked us and we did.

After we finished reading, it was all quiet. Then Baekho decided to shout out, "I love you guys! You are the greatest friends and the cutest couple!"

"Thanks~" I replied while blushing.

Then our friends started clapping and everyone followed suit.

After class Minhyun said, "That was so cute!"

We then ventured in our own directions, Ren being by my side.

"_____, since it will be our four year anniversary, I have something planned. Be ready by 6 because at 6:15 you will be picked up, okay?"

"Sure, of course." Ren gave me a quick peck on the lips after dropping me off at home and he went on his way.

I have two hours to myself before I am picked up. I decide to take a shower and dress up in a nice outfit. I make sure I'm presentable and promptly at 6:15 my doorbell rings. A man in a suit is dressed in a suit leads me to a limo. We drive for about 15 minutes where we end up at the karaoke place where Ren and I always go for our birthdays. I head inside where my family along with Ren's and our friends are waiting.

"We are in our last year of school and we are young. I knew from the moment that I connected with you that you are mine and will forever be mine." Then Ren reads our essay again and I read my parts too. His voice is full of passion and love. After we are done he starts singing 내 여자야 (She's Mine) by U-Kiss.

(Listen to the song on side if you want to take a listen to She's Mine. ->)

"I also want to tell you that we are making our debut this spring, okay darling. We won't see each other as much but I know you will understand. But to know that we will always be together and you will not be taken, I want to ask you an important question. We are young, yes, but my love for you is undeniable. Will you, _____, marry me?"

I am in shock. I sputter out a yes. Our families and friends cheer. I wouldn't ask for a better group of people to be with. But I'm glad to be spending the rest of my life with my best friend and my true love.