Prologue

The lightning thrashed about the deep blue sky, causing the little 10 year old boy to hide behind his mothers big skirts. His parents stood in front of the huge wooden door, waiting. Waiting for what? The little boy didn't know. But his parents seemed to be worried about whatever they were waiting for.

Suddenly the rain and lightning became heavier and a huge BOOM! Caused everyone to hide behind their hands, and when they looked up, A beautiful but Evil looking lady, dressed in a pin silk ball gown, and a blue satin cape and hood, appeared and looked around the château, before settling her sight on the little boy.

"Hello Jean. I don't believe you remember me."                                                                                             

She said in a honey sweet voice. She reached to hold his hand, but his mother stepped in front of him spreading her skirts out so that this evil lady couldn't see him.

"What do you want Desdemona." She snapped.

Desdemona mockingly pretended to think about what she was supposed to say. "Don't you remember Maria? You owe me."

Maria's face turned red, in both anger and embarrassment. Her husband piped in.                  

"What do you want? Money? Possessions? "                                                                                                      The witch threw her head back and cackled.                                                                                                  

"No. I want Jean." Maria gasped, hugging her son fiercely and protectively, while her husband confronted Desdemona.                                                                                                                                           

"You will never have our son!" He shouted, sticking a finger in her face.

She seemed offended by this action, and her evil smirk, disappeared. She whispered angrily.

Well its either you or your son."

Maria stepped forward.                                                                                                                                             

"You can take me."                                                                                                                                                         The witch seemed shocked. Every single rich snob would give over their kids at that threat but they had proved they weren't your average rich snobs. She knew she couldn't change their minds. 

Jean watched as they disappeared in a flash of golden light before his eyes, and before the witch disappeared, she leaned forward and whispered in Jeans ear.

"If I can't have you, then you will be cursed forever." and she disappeared.

Jean felt his hands twist and contort in pain, and he glanced down at them to see his fingernails extend into grotesque brown claws. He felt a similar twisting pain on his face, and he turned to a nearby mirror.

He was disgusting and ugly.