Smokes and Monsters

'Why is there a werewolf? Why does he look real? Is it halloween right now? I don't think so,' many questions ran through his mind as Tsuna stared at the werewolf standing in front of him.

"I suppose you don't speak japanese?" Tsuna asked. A low grumble was all he received as a reply. "Right. That will do," he said before punching the werewolf with all his might.

Without wasting a single second, he turned on his heels and ran. Along his way, several monsters popped out and attacked him but with all his instinct honed by Reborn, he dodged them and retaliated with a few punches and kicks before bolting out of the monster-infested area.

'Nopenopenopenope,' was all he thought of as more monsters appeared. He slipped pass through the monsters with ease, twisting his way out of their clawy clutches.

After some more running, Tsuna finally slowed down. After he was sure he was safe, he fell to his knees. "It's been awhile... since I last... ran this fast..." he huffed. Once his breath returned to normal, he stood up and walked around at a more leisure pace.

As he did so, eyes peeled for any more monsters, Tsuna recalled back what happened earlier that caused all this mess.

-flashback-

Tsuna finally got the time to see how the preparations are going and long story short, he was satisified to see how it was nearly completed. The dining room had been changed to a more halloween-ish theme and the ballroom just scream "Halloween!!".

"It's going well I see," Tsuna spoke, grabbing Gokudera's attention. "Tsuna-sama, I see you've finally finished your paperwork." Gokudera chuckled when he saw Tsuna's pout.

"That aside, let me hear your report," Tsuna stride to his right-hand man's side.

"The ballroom and dining room are almost complete and the chefs have already planned what to cook for the party. You'll have to ask them personally since I give them free reign to do as they please. The kids are carving pumpkins and making halloween cookies as we speak in another kitchen. Lancia's watching over them so there's no need to worry. Ryohei and Chrome are making the invitations and most have been sent. We'll be inviting our allies and the usual people. Kyouya's checking and making sure security will be at its best during the party. He's... 'biting' the security force to death as we speak. Mukuro had already took it upon himself to ensure our enemies behave until after the party, and Reborn is nowhere to be seen." Gokudera ended his report.

Tsuna frowned a little. "Reborn's nowhere to be seen?" he asked.

Gokudera nodded in confirmation.

"Now that you mention it, where are those three?" Tsuna wondered aloud.

Gokudera looked confused for a second before realisation hits him. "You mean Shouichi, Spanner and Giannini? Last time I checked, they're still in their lab down at the basement. Do you want me to call them?"

Tsuna shook his head. "No need. I was just wondering, that's all."

As soon as Tsuna said that, the doors leading into the room he was in burst opened. Several people walked in with deadly aura surrounding them.

"Mukuro! Kyouya! And... Takeshi?" Tsuna stared at the three people that just walked in. "What... happened?" he asked timidly, a bit scared to see his usually happy-go-lucky Rain so deadly.

No one answered. Instead, they chose to glare at each other with accusing eyes.

Right before Tsuna can ask more, the sound of running footsteps echoed from the hallway. Then, three teenagers burst into the room, a man following closely behind them.

"T-Tsuna-nii!" Two of the teenagers cried out.

"What's-" Tsuna was cut off by another pair of people coming into the room. This time, it was his female Mist and Sun.

Before he could say anything, a man with blond hair, followed by another man entered the scene. "Hey, little brother!" he greeted.

"Dino-nii! Romario! What-" Tsuna wasn't able to ask when Giannini suddenly burst into the room with a wide grin and a loud exclamation of "AHA!" before tripping on his foot, thus causing the thing he was carrying fall to the ground and break open, releasing a smoke and surrounding the occupants.

"Wha-!" was the last thing Tsuna had said before blacking out.

-flashback ends-

Tsuna sighed again.

He sat on a bench that was coincidently there and stared at the dark sky above.

"What the hell is happening?" Tsuna muttered to himself while massaging his aching head.

His intuition flared and in a split second, he was out of the now destroyed bench.

The monster growled at Tsuna menacingly while stepping over the piles of wood that was once became Tsuna's resting spot.

Going into a fighting stance, Tsuna glared at the monster with piercing neon-orange eyes. "You're gonna pay for destroying that bench," he said before entering into his dying will state.

The monster growled again before attacking Tsuna.

Right before Tsuna's punch could meet its target, the monster was wrapped with vines and was violently tugged backwards.

Tsuna immediately retracted his arms and went out of his dying will state when he recognised those vines.

Looking around, he broke into a wide smile when he saw that familiar face. "Chrome-chan! Mukuro!"