Prologue

• Dedicado a Shaniza Nisha

Copyright © All Rights Reserved Alex also known as SoulSurvivor233. None of this book or a portion cannot be reproduced in any manner except with expressed permission from the author. This literary work is protected under the Australian Copyright Act 1968.

Author's Note: A picture of Adela on top in the multimedia pannel :)

Adela Lennek had been staring down at her phone for the past five minutes in absolute shock before a sharp bark from Domino, her Border Collie brought her back down to earth. How could Emily even think of inviting her to-...oh good lord she felt ill just thinking about it! She worried her bottom lip for a few moments and looked down at the text again:

Hey, Emmie here!! Just wanting to tell you that mum made me to invite you to my engagement. Don't turn up without a date...actually...don't turn up at all, call mum and tell her you're sick. See you or not, your step-sister.

She could just imagine her sister's venemous little smirk as she sent that, which made Adela's stomach churn even more. With a glance at the clock on her bedside table she swore and tossed her phone into her bag. Her speed dressing was almost impecable as she put on her glasses and grabbed her black kitten heels. She gave Domino to the next door neighbour and smiled as the Collie went running off to play with the neighbour's Golden Retriever.

"Thanks Joan, I'll pick her up when I get back from work!" She called as she ran to her car, she put her blue tooth in her ear just as her boss rang. "I know Ms Parker, I'm just getting in the car now....Mhm, family issues." Her boss was actually her best friend of 9 years and after the recent break up of Adela's relationship, she'd needed a new job fast. She was a fully qualified book keeper and Melanie Parker had needed a new Personal Assistant/Book keeper anyhow, so despite everything it had worked out decidedly well.

It took her ten minutes to get to the office building and into her parking space. Melanie Parker was the Assistant Designer for Farfalla Fashions having been head hunted at a fashion show just last year when she was an intern. Melanie preferred for the people working under her to be comfortable while they worked...none of the 'high fashion' stuff that Prada pumped out. She was a 'revolutionary' boss that was under the age of 25...fancy that. Adela left her blue Holden and took the elevator up to the 5th floor, stepping out to be greeted by Melanie with a cup of coffee.

"So....how's the young spinster's life today love?" Melanie teased softly, her grey eyes twinkling as Adela frowned a little. "Oooookay....so, come into the office and tell me about the family issue."

"Yes Ms. Parker, would you like me to hold your calls until after our talk?" Adela replied, a cheeky little flicker of a smile coming to her lips as she followed her smartly dressed friend. Melanie was the only one there in a 'suit', though her black ballet flats gave away the fact that she was aiming to be comfortable too. Once the door was closed behind them, Adela handed her phone over to Melanie with the text on the screen in all it's poisonous glory. Melanie sighed before clearing her throat.

"Emily's sending you a challenge, she's so confident that you won't show up because this text's taken the wind out of your sails." Melanie said diplomatically and Adela fidgetted a little before sitting down in one of the chairs near Mel's desk.

"I have a major problem though Mel...I don't have a guy to drag along to this thing." At this, Melanie's face lit up and she hurried around to the other side of her desk, looking through the stack of cards from the surrounding businesses in the building.

"Mel....you've got that scheming look on your face." Adela said in a wary tone, icy eyes widening a little as Mel pulled out a stylish and slightly fancy looking card and offered it to her.

"They're a couple of levels up, go make an appointment with them and see them in your lunch break." Adela took the card with a slightly shaky hand and turned it over, only to flush with embarrassment:

Della Luna: Male Escorts for every occasion.

 "Mel...is this an-...?" Melanie raised an eyebrow at Adela and smirked a bit.

"Escorts only, they aren't strippers or male prostitutes. It's all above board, that's how I met Felix you know...needed him for one of your mother's fancy ass Christmas parties." Mel explained, putting up her hand to stifle any more protests.

"Just....give them a call and ask for someone your age okay? For me? Because I want you to take a picture of your sister's face when she sees a hot hunk of man flesh at your side." Melanie watched Adela for a moment before her brunette friend sighed in defeat.

"Alright, I'll call them....but do they have to know that I'm 22?" Adela asked before Mel quirked one perfectly shaped eyebrow.

"Honey, tell them everything that they need to know, for it to be convincing. Otherwise Emily will be able to rip you to shreds." Adela got up and began moving towards the door, still worrying her bottom lip a bit.

She sat at her desk for a while staring at the card before picking up the phone and calling the number.

"Hello? Della Luna, Michael speaking. How may I assist you?" Oh gum drops and peanut brittle....that voice was sex personified.

"Ah...h-hi, I would like to make an appointment. For...uh..lunchtime today?" She squeaked out and she heard the man on the other end take in a slow breath.

"I'm sure we can fit you in...Miss......?" He trailed off, though she noted that his voice was gentler than before, his tone soothing her enough to tell him the relevant information without babbling too much.

"Uhm...M-Michael?" She ventured, hearing him clear his throat and then respond.

"Yes Miss Lennek?" Adela took in a nervous breath before swallowing thickly.

"Thanks." His soft laugh made her blush and she almost hung up right then and there, her heart fluttering in her chest.

"Not to worry Miss Lennek, we'll take excellent care of you. See you at midday." She thanked him one more time before hanging up and nervously getting back to work. Meanwhile, Melanie was doing a triumphant dance in her office before going to attend a meeting.