Chapter 1: Leaving Dawn Island

Scarlett's P.O.V.

Today's the day I set out on my adventure. I had everything packed and ready to go and now I just need to do a few things before I leave.
Making my way out the place I grew up in, the bandits hideout. As I'm at the entrance I turn around and look at all the bandits that had raised my brothers and I.
"Thank you everyone for taking care of me old hag Dadan. Im really glad that you were able to take in my brothers and I" I said with a smile and bowed.
"Get out of here already you brat" she said with back turned away from me. Of course she can't fool me I could hear her crying I chuckled a bit.

"Please look out for Luffy for me as well goodbye everyone" I turned around with a smile on my face and made my way towards a cliff.

Third person P.O.V.
With Curly Dadan

"That damn brat saying thank you" Curly Dadan said crying and remembering how she had to look after her and Luffy when Grap brought them over.

Scarlett's P.O.V.

"Just you wait Sabo I'll make it as a pirate and be a greater pirate then my mother was and make my name known. But don't worry I promised Luffy to be apart of his crew. And I promise to look after both our brother Ace and of course my best friend" I said with a big smile looking out toward the sea.

"Are you ready Ruby" I asked my dragon.
Who came out of the satchel and climbed up on to my shoulder.

'Yes, let's go' Ruby nodded.
I then head toward Foosha Village toward the port. Once I got there the whole village was there. Once they saw me they all began to wish me luck on my journey.

"Thank you every one for seeing me off

"Thank you every one for seeing me off. But I don't see Luffy where is he?" I asked. Then Makino came up to me.

"He said somethings about getting you something before you leave"

"Knowing him it must be something to do with meat" I said with a tiny smile.

"Probably"she said with a smile. Then Mayor Woop Slap came up.

"Telling you now I never approved and liked the idea of you and Luffy of becoming pirates it will only bring shame to this village" I chuckled a bit and rolled my eyes and smiled anyway.

"I'll miss you to Mayor" I chuckled again. He huffed and turned away. I then started to say goodbyes to everyone.

"Ok Ruby ready"

'Yup' and he jumped off my shoulder and transformed into his griffon form. I then walked over to him and strapped down both big bags on either side of him. I then I pulled out the necklace dad gave me before he left which was a glass jar inside carried a red rose. As I put the necklace inside my shirt and just as I was about to climb on Ruby I heard shouting.

"Wait don't go yet!"Of course Luffy was the one to be late to see me off. I turn around and I see Luffy barreling toward me with no sign of stopping. My eyes bulge out when I see what's about to happen. I quickly move out of the way. And see just in time for him pass right by me where I use to stand just a second ago and crash right into a tree. I sweat dropped when i saw Luffy head stuck in the tree.

"ah are you alright Luffy?" I called out to him. That's when he started to try and pull his head out from the tree. Until finally he managed to do so.

"AHHHH!!" I chucked a bit he will always be such a knucklehead but that's Luffy.

He began to dust him self off then he turned around and came jogging this time towards me. Once he was in front of me he started to rap his arms around me twice and gave a big hug and I gave him a big hug back. I'm sure going to miss my best friend. Damn I hate how taller then me he is now and I come right up to just bellow his damn shoulders that's so not far.

"What took you so long Lu I was just about to leave without saying goodbye to you" I told him when we separated and I looked up at him.

"shishishi I wanted to get you something before you left." Luffy said with a cheeky smile.

"You know you didn't have to do that."

"Yeah I know so here it is" he said and shoved toward me a big bag. I peeked inside and my smile started to grow and had stars in my eyes.

"LUFFY THANK YOU SO MUCH"I shouted and jumped to rap my arms around his neck and gave him a hug again with my fox tail waggling behind me. I released him and ran over to Ruby.

"Look Rub now we have sweets for our journey." I said with excitement. And then put my sweets away into one of the packs I'm glad to have bought these packs since they can shrink when Ruby shrinks into his small form. After I finished I turned around and faced everyone with a smile.

"well everyone this is goodbye." As I got on Luffy shouted toward me.

"Remember you promised to join my crew once it's my turn to set sail!" I smirked.

"of course I remember you big dumbly see you in six months Luffy." I as was ready to head off.

"Bye everyone I'll miss you!" I shouted Ruby took off and waved goodbye to everyone they shouted their goodbyes and good lucks Luffy's begin the loudest. I turn back around to see Dawn Island one last time including Foosha Village where I first meet my best friend I smiled a bit from the memory.  I frowned a bit when I felt this heavy feeling in my heart as I though of leaving Luffy.

'You'll be my best friend right.'

'You bet Lu'

THird Person p.o.v

Luffy is standing at the docks looking up seeing his best friend leave before he does. When she left Luffy felt a heavy feeling in his chest. He felt confused hes never felt anything like this every time he was near Scarlett he would get these of butterfly's in his stomach.

Yeah first chapter done guys hoped you like it so far. And will Luffy find out what these feeling hes having?