Chapter 1: Flamekit

In the RiverClan nursery, the latest kit in the clan has just opened his eyes for the first time. A second kit, Wolfkit, happens to be there. "Hey, you've opened your eyes! Took you long enough." He teased. Flamekit simply nodded in response. "Well, you've never been outside before, have you? I'll show you around if you'd like." "Sure." Flamekit replies. "Well, come on then."

Padding out into the camp clearing, Wolfkit points to a a series of caves. "That over there is the medicine den. Next to it, past the nursery, is the apprentices den. Across from it, behind that waterfall over there, we have the elder's den. Next to the apprentices den, the farthest on to the left, is the warriors den. And above all that," he says, now pointing to a high ledge, "is the leader's den."

"Wow... this place is huge!" Flamekit says, amazed. "Well, this is nothing once you see what's outside of camp, but we're not supposed to go out there." He points to a log over a moat. "That's the camp entrance." "Wow... this is so cool!" Flamekit says. "I know, right! When I become an apprentice, I'll be working to be the best warrior ever!" Wolfkit says. "Well, you're getting a competitor!" Flamekit responds. "Oh really? We'll see about that. Come on, our parents are probably getting worried." And they head back into the nursery.

A few moons later, Flamekit is talking to Mistykit. "No way, I'm better at splashing than you!" He says. "Oh yeah? Let's have a tournament to see who is the best at splashing out of the entire clan!" Misty responds. "Yea, you mean 'kits' not 'clan.' Good luck getting the warriors or even the leader involved." Flamekit responds. "Fine, just the kits then." She sighed. A few days later, Flamekit, Mistykit, Wolfkit, and Frostkit have gotten together to start the tournament. "Okay, we should do Misty vs Wolf, and me vs Frost." Flamekit announces. "Sounds good to me." Frostkit replies before jumping in the pond, the others following. "Hey, um, I'm having second thoughts about this. I become an apprentice today, and I don't want to be caught doing something." Wolfkit says. "So... you forfeiting?" Flamekit asks. "Yea... sorry." Wolfkit responds. "It's fine. So Misty's the winner of that one, I guess. So it's me vs Frostkit. I'll let you do the countdown, Frost." "Three... two... one... go!" She says, splashing him.

Flamekit takes the hit and responds with a large wave, which engulfs Frostkit. And so, they went back and forth at each other for hours, Frostkit always responding with a larger splash and Flamekit doing the same. Flamekit was the one to end the battle, when he caused a wave so big bits of water went all the way to the camp entrance. "Ok, ok! You win." Frostkit says, getting out of the water and shaking her fur. "Well, that was intense. Let's do the final tomorrow." Flamekit said to Mistykit as he got out of the water. "Sounds good to me." She replied.

The next day, Misty and Flame set up for the finals of the tournament. "I don't see myself winning since I usually lose to Frost, but I'll try anyway." Mistykit said. "Well, good luck. Three... two... one... go!" Flamekit counts down, splashing Mistykit. Mistykit responds with a larger wave. As a result, this battle was much the same as the last one... at first. Over time, Misty's splashes became weaker, and it became more Flame splashing Misty and less of a competition. "I see you're getting tired. Want to forfeit?" Flamekit asked. "NEVER!!!" Mistykit replied. "Well, okay then." Flamekit continued to splash her, feeling bad because he felt he was bullying her, but he kept going anyway. Eventually, Frost ended it. "Time! Flame is the winner!" Flame gets out the water with Misty. "Good game." He says to Misty. "Congratualations! Though I WILL get my revenge in a rematch some day." She challenged. "And I'll be ready." He says.

Stormchaser then walked over. "Wow, good job. At that rate, you'll be one of our best warriors!" He says. "Really?" Flamekit replies. "Of course." He purred. "Go on, get some sleep. It looks like you need it." "Ok, then." Flamekit says, going into the nursery and falling asleep.