|Alexander Hamilton x John Laurens

Secret Love

                                                                       Hamilton/Laurens     

                                                  Based off the American musical of Hamilton

                     This chapter is dedicated to my fellow Hamilton fan girl @johnlocked_in, 

                                                    whose stories you should really check out!

                Alex was sitting at his favorite pub. He had just gotten into another fight with his frenime  Aaron burr. He sighed, looking into his drink, pondering life, thinking about how much has happened. He took of his beer and set it down on the bar counter.  He heard the door to the pub open. Alex felt the cold winter air against his face. he didn't even bother to look up to see who walked in, no longer caring. Someone sat down on the stool next to Alex. The person asked the bar tender for a pint of Sam Adams. His voice sounded familiar, almost like going home.

Alex turned to his side to see who exactly this person is, thinking- hoping-

Plopped down, exhausted, right by his side, was the infuriatingly adorable John Laurens. Alex blushed and stuttered as he tried to greet his crush-no, friend - no crush, no friend, John was something to him for sure.

"H-h-h-hello J-j-j-john"

"Good afternoon Alex"

       John was smooth on the outside but on the inside he was really falling head over heels for Alex. he had like Alex for a really long time now. John always got butterflies when ever he saw Alex.

"H-h-how a-are y-y-you J-j-john?"

    Alex was looking into Johns mystic eyes. He was lost in the gray/blue eyes. They reminded him of the ocean on his way to New York from the Caribbean . He was lost in memories of waves and love when John responded to the question.

"I am just fine, Thank You."

  Laurens was not fine! How could he be fine when his crush was the talk of the town. All the ladies loved him. John knew (or so he thought) that Alex loved the ladies back. All Laurens really wanted was to spend the rest of his days living with Hamilton in a cottage upstate. They would be able to cuddle by the fire. They could stargaze and watch sunsets together. The only thing that snapped him out of his daydream was when Alex stood up.

"where are you going Alex?

"I have to go home, there is some work I have to do."

            Alex was looking down as he said this because he did not want to look at John's stunning face. he had to go home because he was going to write a love letter to John. It was time to confess his love. He left the pub with out looking back atJohn.                                                             Back at home Alex started writing his letter. He put a lot of time a though into this letter. He spent days on it trying to make sound good, but not to needy. he put his heart into this letter not knowing that it was the first of many. After three days of writing he sent the letter.

        John was surprised to see that he had mail. he looked at the return address and saw that it was from Hamilton. He was in shock for a bit and then he started squealing and jumping up and down, as anyone would if they got a letter from their crush. He took a deep breath and sat on his bed . John carefully opened the letter. He opened it up and it read:

My dearest John,

Cold in my professions – warm in my friendships – I wish, my Dear Laurens, it were in my power, by actions rather than words, to convince you that I love you. I shall only tell you that 'till you bade us Adieu, I hardly knew the value you had taught my heart to set upon you. Indeed, my friend, it was not well done. You know the opinion I entertain of mankind, and how much it is my desire to preserve myself free from particular attachments, and to keep my happiness independent of the caprice of others. You should not have taken advantage of my sensibility, to steal into my affections without my consent. But as you have done it, and as we are generally indulgent to those we love, I shall not scruple to pardon the fraud you have committed, on one condition; that for my sake, if not for your own, you will always continue to merit the partiality, which you have so artfully instilled into me. . . .

In drawing my picture, you will no doubt be civil to your friend; mind you do justice to the length of my nose and don't forget, that I [about five words here have been mutilated in the manuscript].

After reviewing what I have written, I am ready to ask myself what could have put it into my head to hazard this Jeu de follie. Do I want a wife? No – I have plagues enough without desiring to add to the number that greatest of all; and if I were silly enough to do it, I should take care how I employ a proxy. Did I mean to show my wit? If I did, I am sure I have missed my aim. Did I only intend to [frisk]? In this I have succeeded, but I have done more. I have gratified my feelings, by lengthening out the only kind of intercourse now in my power with my friend. Adieu

Yours.

A .Hamilton

    John took a deep breath. Did Alex just confess his love? John was flabbergasted. What should he say? He loved Hamilton, and it seemed Hamilton loved Laurens. John stood up and ran to the door and grabbed his hat and coat. He rushed out the door. He ran all the way to Hamilton's house. John took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

        When Alex opened the door her was so scared and surprised that he just froze. John quickly stepped closer to Alex. John hugged Alex. He whispered in Alex's ear,

"I love you too, Alexander Hamilton."

            Both Alex and John smiled and walked into Alex's house. Both of them were ready to start their lives together.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------