Chapter Four: The Keeper Of The Keys (Third Person) (part two)

A/N Hi, everyone! So I, uh, finally decided to update this. . .

The twins didn't know what question to ask first.

After a few minutes, Percy asked, "What does it mean, they await our owls?"

"Gallopin' Gorgons, that reminds me," said Hagrid, clapping a hand on his forehead with enough force to knock over a cart horse, and he pulled out an owl from one of his pockets.

With a roll of parchment and a long quill (he pulled those from his pockets too), he scribbled a note that the twins could read upside down.

Dear Professor Dumbledore,
Given Harry his letter.
Taking him to Diagon Alley tomorrow.
Weather's horrible. Hope you're well.
Hagrid

Hagrid rolled up the note, gave it to the owl, and threw the owl out the door into the storm.

The twins didn't like the treatment of the owl, but they didn't voice their thoughts.

"Where was I?" Hagrid asked, but then Uncle Vernon moved into the firelight.

"They're not going," he said.

Hagrid grunted. "I'd like ter see a great Muggle like you stop him," he said.

"A what?" Harry asked, interested.

"It's what we call nonmagic folk," Hagrid told them.

"We swore when we took them in that would stop that rubbish!" said Uncle Vernon. "Wizards indeed! Nothing a good beating wouldn't of fixed."

Harry started at his Uncle with disbelief. Vernon was making it sound as if he hadn't been beating them for years, in playing the beatings should've been worse. But before he could do anything rash, he felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked to see who it was, and saw his twin. Percy seemed relatively calm, given the circumstances, and if it weren't for the fact that Percy had blocked the mental link (which he only does when he doesn't want his emotions to affect or worry Harry) and his hand on his shoulder (which Percy seemed to be squeezing a bit too hard than if he were only trying to calm Harry down, judging by how Harry's shoulder was starting to hurt slightly), Harry would've assumed that his twin was hardly bothered by their uncle's comment at all. But if Percy wasn't going to attack anyone, then Harry would restrain himself, too.

"You knew?" Percy said. "You knew that we're wizards?"

"Knew!" Shrieked Aunt Petunia suddenly. "Of course we did! What else could you be, with parents like yours? She went to that school, and she came home with tricks and things. I was the only one to see her as she was — a freak! But our parents were so proud to have a witch in the family!

"Then she met that Potter at school and they left and got married and had you two. I knew that you two would be just as strange, just as much of a freak as your mother! And then she went and got herself blown up, and we got landed with you."

"I knew it!" Percy yelled, pointing at his Aunt accusingly. The mental link was unblocked by now so Harry could sense a little bit of triumphantness along with the anger, which showed Harry that yes, Percy did know this. "I knew it wasn't true, I knew you were always lying! Our parents weren't in any car crash!"

Harry stared at his twin brother with wide eyes.  He'd suspected too, but hadn't expected Percy to yell.

"CAR CRASH!" roared Hagrid, jumping up angrily. The Dursleys scuttled back into the corner like a rat to it's hole. "How could a car crash kill Lily an' James Potter? The Potter twins not knowin' their own story when every kid in the world knows his name!"