Chapter 6

"You said we'd dance later." Kayla reminds me as we near closer to Kathy and her groom.

"Don't worry, you're not missing out. I'm a terrible dancer."

"Oh whatever, that's what every guy says."

"And they're usually right." I say and kiss her forehead. "Plus you've never seen me dance before, otherwise you wouldn't be begging me to humiliate myself." I laugh as we reach the bride and groom's table.

Kathy is seated at the opposite side of the table and sees Kayla and me and quickly stands and walks towards us. "Harry! Oh my god! It's so good to see you!" She squeezes me into a tight hug. Her hug is comforting and sincere. I can tell she's just as happy to see me as I am to see her.

"You too Mrs. Edwards. So sorry we missed the ceremony." I say hugging back. She takes a step back and looks at me with a frown.

"Honey it's perfectly fine! The reception is the real party." She says laughing. "I'm just glad you're here now."

She seems so happy. She has always been so sweet to me throughout my life.

"And Harry, how many times do I have to tell you, it's Kathy. And besides, officially I am Mrs. Horan!" She smiles and her eyes light up as she looks at Kayla. "And who is this?"

"Oh, Kathy, this is Kayla."

Kayla smiles and shakes Kathy's hand. "It's great to meet you. Congratulations. This wedding is wonderful."

"Why thank you sweetheart. I'm glad to know you are having a good time. I told Bob it was a bit extravagant but he insisted it would be the wedding of the season."

"Don't worry Kathy, this wedding will go down in history."

Kathy laughs and reaches for my shoulder.

"You're so sweet Harry. Oh! Did you see Olivia yet? I didn't know if you were coming and she really wanted to see you."

She wanted to see me?

"Yeah I saw her. I was shocked, I haven't seen her in a while. Do you know if she's staying for long." I ask hoping for the best.

"Honey I'm sorry I don't. That's something you will have to ask her. I didn't know she was going to make the wedding until a week ago."

Olivia and her mom must be in a fight or something. She usually tells her mom everything. Then again that was 3 years ago so who knows.

Would Liv really have skipped her mother's wedding? Why didn't she want to come back, and why did she decide on coming back now?

"But she's here now and that's all that matters." Kathy says with a look of relief. "Oh, I need to introduce you to my new husband." She smiles clearly loving the new title.

"Honey come over here." She motions for her groom to come join us. The tall man with dark hair walks towards us, a huge grin plastered on his face.

"Robert this is Harry, Olivia's oldest friend, and this is Kayla,-" Kathy is cut off by Kayla.

"Harry's girlfriend." She interrupts as she sticks her hand out to introduce herself.

What the hell was that?

"Nice to meet you both. Kathy has told me so much about you Harry." Robert's deep voice booms at us as he holds a smile across his face.

"Well I hope only the good things" I joke looking at Kathy and she laughs.

"Of course. I also told Robert how you sing! He's got a lovely voice honey, he really does!" Nodding at her husband.

"So I've heard!" Robert says. Oh god if they ask me to sing I'll.... Before I can finish my thought Kathy interjects.