Prologue

Silence.
The room was quiet.
The girl was all alone, laying in her bed. She looked at the ceiling, deep in thought. She seemed to be troubled by something.
"Grace?" Came a quiet voice.
"Go away," was the only reply. "I don't want to talk about it."
That was a lie. On the inside, all Grace wanted was to tell someone what was bothering her. She wanted the world to know that something was wrong although she wasn't sure herself what was wrong, what was troubling her. All she knew is she needed to tell someone.
She pulled the covers over her head and began to cry. Just shut up, no one cares. A voice said, unheard to anyone other than Grace. Don't try to tell me what to do, idiot.
Idiot. The word replayed in Grace's head over and over. Idiot. Idiot. Idiot. That's what I am.
The room was quiet once again other than the faint sniffle as tears ran down the girl's pale face. Grace. She flinched as she heard her name. "H-hello?" She whispered. Grace. The voice came again. It was a soothing voice of a man. It sounded young and deep with a fatherly, loving tone. Everything will be okay. It promised.
"Who's there?" She asked quietly. Don't give up, Grace. You know what you're doing is right. That's what matters, isn't it?
"I don't know anymore," she said quietly. "Is it right to make people hate me?" She waited for the voice to come again. They don't hate you, dear. They just need a light to guide them, but don't necessarily want to find it.
"What do you mean? What light? Who are you?" She said quickly, fear starting to creep into her veins.
Grace blinked as the voice spoke its last words before fading into silence. She knew who was speaking to her now. Someone she had never met, but knew was her friend.
It is I, be not afraid...