Edition to the family

Chapter six
"Your turn" Jon said with a smirk. "What?" Cynthia chuckled. "You said 'I will if you will' when you wanted me to sing for you. I did, now you." He said widening his smile. Cynthia's heart stopped. "I don't know what to, um sing..." Cynthia stuttered. John laughed and said "Anything!" Cynthia started to sing the first thing that came to her mind. "Love me tender, love me sweet. Never let me go. You have made my life complete and I love you so. Love me tender, love me true. All my dreams fulfill. For my darlin I love you, and I always will." She finally stopped shaking once she said the last word of the song. She searched his face for some kind of expression but all she saw was a smile. He grabbed her hand and held it to his cheek. "You never stop amazing me Love." Cynthia giggled at his remark and he kissed her hand and placed it back on her thigh. His hand lingered there for a minute but retreated back to his lap. They started to walk back to John's car when Cynthia began to get tired. "Ugggg I'm not used to walking so much." Cynthia muttered to herself. John stopped and scrunched over to let her hop on his back. "Welcome aboard." John giggled as Cynthia jumped on his back. Cynthia had been so tired that she had fallen asleep on his back. He walked to his car, the leaves crunching beneath his feet as he walked. He finally reached his car where he put Cynthia in the passengers seat and went to get a blanket from the trunk. He covered her up and kissed her forehead. He walked around the car and started the engine. When he started to pull out of the parking place he noticed a dog behind him. The dog was dirty and had very long hair. He felt bad for the dog so he stopped to put the dog in the car. The dog didn't have any tags or any sign of identification. He was skinny and whimpered often. Once John had pulled into his driveway he picked Cynthia up and put her on his bed inside. He went back to the car for the dog and took him inside for some food. When he was done with his food John cut his hair and gave him a bath. The dog was a light brown with a black patch over one eye. He was a small dog, looked about 3 or 5. John decided to name him Rufus. He woke Cynthia up, hiding the dog behind his back. Cynthia slowly opened her eyes asking "what is it love?". John sat down still hiding Rufus. "I got you something." Cynthia's eyes widened a bit "well what is it?" she asked excitedly. He reveled Rufus from behind his back and Cynthia smiled widely. "John you shouldn't have! Oh he's so cute, what's his name?" She asked looking deep into John's eyes. "Rufus" John said stroking his fur. Cynthia smiled and looked down to say "Why hello Rufus, welcome to the family."