Chapter 22: First Day of School

Aloha my readers!!! I'm saying hi not goodbye by the way. I have a new chapter for ya'll! Enjoy!!!!!

////////////////////////////////////////////

*two days later*

Ezra's P.O.V

Today is the day. The first day of school in 6 years. I was nervous and kind of scared almost changing my mind about going. "Are you ready for your first day of school?" Mom asked excited. I stayed quiet for a little while and replied with a shaky, "yes". Mom gave me a smile, "nervous much". "Why can't dad take me?" I said changing the subject. "Because," she started and slyly said, "You know what, you'll find out". I was confused by mom's change in tone but nodded. We drove off and she parked in front of the high school. I grabbed my bag and followed mom into the building. I peeked at my schedule that mom gave me and tried my best to find my locker. "Ezra, will you be ok by yourself or do you need help with anything before I go?" she said. "I think I will be fine," I said. Mom approvingly left to who-nows-where. I walked around on a hunt for my locker until someone tackled me with a hug. "Hey cous!" A familiar chipper voice exclaimed. "Sabine?" I said and turned around to find her standing there. "I didn't know you go here?" We said in sync. We laughed and she said, "what are you doing here though?". "I'm starting my first day here but I can't find my locker," I told Sabine. "What number is it?" She asked. I looked on my paper and said, "122". I looked up from the page and saw Sabine as white as paper. "Um, are you absolutely, positively sure that's the number," she said getting quieter at the end.

"Yeah..... Why?" I said unsure of what to expect. "Your locker is where the bullies of our school hang out," Sabine said sadly. "Wait, what?!" I said, scared for what might happen. "Come on," she said and I followed. We made it to my locker and found three huge boys near my locker. "I'll go over there with you?" Sabine said. I smiled, great fully having Sabine helping me out, "ok". I stood in front of my locker and Sabine showed me how to do the combination. "Well, who do we have here?" One of the bullies said. I assumed that he was the leader of the group. "Leave us alone, Drake," Sabine hissed. "Oooooo, I'm so scared that your girlfriend has to protect you," he said and the others in his group laughed. Sabine's glare became even for frightening than before.

The boys walked away laughing and I just stood there watching the whole thing in disbelief. Sabine calmed down and turned to face me, "sorry about them". "Thank you for standing up for me," I was really thankful for having someone doing that for me. "It's no problem at all cous," she chirped, "let's get to our first class". "What's your first class?" She asked. I looked at my schedule for my first class, "Science". "Cool, that's my first class too!" She said gleefully. We walked to the first class and went in. I got nervous when a couple of eyes landed on me but I followed Sabine to the back of the room. I sat down next to her and we talked while waiting for the teacher.

"Good morning class," I heard the teacher greet. I turned to see who my teacher was and saw that it was, "mom?". I was completely shocked and surprised that my own mother was also my teacher. "Yeah, Jarrus!" Another voice yelled from the first row. It was the bullies. 'This is going to be a fun rest of the year,' I thought, 'note sarcasm'. "Quite down Mr. Anderson," mom said, "everyone, we got ourselves a new student. His name is Ezra and I want each of you to be respectful to him like you do to your other classmates". Mom continues talking, "and don't forget that we are watching a video tomorrow".

She let us do whatever we wanted for the rest of the period. When the bell rang all the students gathered there stuff and left the room. Me and Sabine went over to mom's desk. "You never told me that you were going to be my teacher," I said. "It was a surprise and it worked because you looked surprised when you saw me," mom said, "I'll see you at math". "Ok, see ya," I said and me and Sabine left the room to our next class. "What's your second class?" She asked. I took my schedule out again and scanned the sheet, "History". "Darn, I don't have that next," Sabine said, "I'll show you where the class is". "That's alright, I can find it," I said confidently. "Ok, but just to warn you, don't get on his bad side," she said seriously, "tootles". Sabine disappeared into the crowd and I was off to find my next class.

I turned a corner and bumped into someone I didn't want to mess with. "Hey guy, it's the little runt," Drake laughed with his group. I didn't know where it came from but confidence came, "don't call my a runt and stop picking on me. I did nothing to you so just leave me alone!". Drake was mad and punched me in the face. I fell to the floor and tried not to let any tears fall. Everyone in the hall was watching and didn't dare make a sound. "What's going on here?!" A familiar and amazing voice came, mom. I smiled and stood up with something dripping down from my nose. Mom came through all the students and found me and Drake standing there. She quickly came over to me and caught on to what was going on. "Drake Anderson! Office now!" She shouted and Drake gave me a glare meaning that this wasn't over.

Mom told the rest of the students to keep moving on and she guided me to the nurses office. The nurse said that my nose wasn't broken just bruised. Mom signed in relief and so did I. "You can go home or you can finish the rest of the day?" The nurse said. "I think I'll stay," I said. "Tell me what happened back there when we get home," mom commanded with a gentle tone. I nodded my head and was excused to go to my next class.

I somehow found the room and walked in. The whole class stared at me and then turned pale. "So, you finally decided to gone us," the teacher hissed. "Um, sorry," I said looking down embarrassed. "Oh, so you think this is funny?" He said harshly, "I will not allow any funny business in my class Mr. Jarrus". I nodded at sat down in the seat in the far back.

The rest of the day went on a little better. I heard that Drake was dismissed for the rest of the school day. Another step up was that I only have one class with the history teacher and the other teachers were nice. I had Sabine in most of my classes and at the end of the day I went to mom's room. "Hey mom," I greeted. "Hello Ezra. Are you ready to go?" She asked. "Yeah," I replied and we left the building. We got into the car and left the parking lot. "So, how was your day love?" Mom chirped. "Good," I muttered. "Really," she said, "then you don't mind telling me anything about that fight?". I let out a long sigh and told her what happened. "I'm sorry, Ez," mom said. "It's alright," I said looking out the window. The rest of the drive home was silent.

*a couple of hours later*

Kanan's P.O.V

I opened the door just getting back from patrolling the streets. "I'm home," I shouted. "Supper will be ready in two minutes," I heard Hera say. I ran up the stairs and took my gear off. Than I went back down to the kitchen for supper. "Suppers ready," Hera called. Thumping sounds of Ezra coming down the stairs echoed through the hall. We all grabbed a plate and sat down for a meal. "How was school Ezra?" I asked him. He seemed a little unsure if he wanted to say anything or not. He glanced at Hera and she gave him a smile of encouragement. Now, I was worried, "Ezra?". He didn't look me in the eye when he mumbled, "I got into a fight". For some reason, Ezra was scared to talk to me.

"I-I didn't mean to d-do any h-harm," he stuttered. I was shocked while Hera seemed confused. "What are you talking about? You were just standing up for yourself. You didn't do anything bad," Hera said. I looked between the two in total confusion. Ezra's hair canopied over his face and it made it hard to tell what was wrong with him. "I-I didn't?" He said. "What happened?" I asked. Hera explained to me about the fight that Ezra was pulled into. Ezra seemed like he was shrinking the whole time of the story being told. "Are you alright?" I asked worried. "I'm fine," he said and stood up, putting his plate in the sink walking out of the kitchen.

After I was done, I went up and over to Ezra's room to see how he was doing. I knocked on the door and opened it. The lights were turned off. I flipped the switch to turn the lights on and found a lump in the bed. I walked over and sat on the bed. "Good night, Ez," I said and his head popped out from under the covers. "Night," he muttered and closed his eyes. I smiled and kissed his forehead. Turning off the light and leaving the door open a crack, I left to go get some sleep.

Drake' P.O.V

I laughed evilly when my plan to destroy that little runt was ready for tomorrow. I called the nerd of the school to help with the plan. He was secretly in our group like our mole when I'm not at school. "Just you wait you little piece of nothing, your getting what you deserve for messing with me".

////////////////////////////////////////////

Stay tuned and adios!!!! 😁😁😁😁😁😁