05| F I R E

F I R E   S T A R T E R|

W E L L ' S     B O O T S    H A L T E D

W E L L ' S B O O T S H A L T E D

In the dirt. His lips flatlined as his eyes drooped when the realization that he'd forgotten me dawned upon him slowly.

If you were quiet enough, you could hear the nearly silent sigh forced from the Jaha's nose, sounding painful almost. 

He Backtracked in his steps, approaching Murphy and I with a puffed chest and straight face. John stiffened and tested the poor boy's patience by meeting his glare with a hardened one of his own.

I flickered my gaze between the two boys challenging one another in a fight over men superiority- Mankind's dumbest natural response. "Guys..." My voice stifled in the fabric of Murphy's jacket along with the grunts and murmurs as I made attempts to stand. But the grip tucked beneath my knees and the pit of my arm clenched. It's not until now I'm actively aware of how close the shiv in Murphy's hand is to nicking the flesh on my calf.

Wells knowingly crossed boundaries when he took caution to the wind and scooped me up rather than waiting for John to let me go.

I feel the look of annoyance on my face morph into confusion.

Is there an unspoken rule that says I'm no longer allowed to touch the floor?

And to top it off, as we crossed paths to get to the dropship's entrance, Bellamy flashed the both of us an incredulous look.

"So..." Now's the time to get distracted from the weird behavior everyone's taking roles of. "You were saying something about water, right?"

Wells ignored me and instead sneaked a quick glance over his shoulder to watch the Blake. He noticed the sour gaze as quick as I did. "Don't you have a fire to build?" Jaha suddenly remembered.

I couldn't help but sigh at the mentioning of it. "Oh come on. He asked me to build a fire, not when." I kissed my teeth. "Besides I don't take orders from him." I don't take orders from anyone-except blondie. She has this strange persuasive persona that's comes off strong and is unavoidable.

Wells shook his head. "I don't think anyone wants to be out here, surrounded by darkness, when night falls."

The sky has been gradually turning a light shade of yellow for ten minutes. I'm no Earth expert but I'm positive in about an hour or so it'll be sundown. Or twenty minutes. Whichever comes first.

"You don't mind helping me build it, do you?"

Suddenly, I was dropped faster than a hot potato. And my butt-I don't know if there's bones in your tush, but if there is I think I broke one of 'em.