I'm falling in love... and it's ARRANGED!? (*6*)

Chapter 6

I'm Falling In Love ... and It's ARRANGED!?

..................................................................................................................................

(Jeremy's P.O.V)

She was here today. Sitting two rows back. Everything inside of me pushed me to turn around and give her a smile, probably one of my charming ones, the kind that had girls dropping their books and drooling. But I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Had she gotten the note? My heart couldn't stop beating hard at the thought of her reading it, and what about the gift. Had it been too much? Was I moving too fast?

A week ago if someone had asked me what I thought about Emelyne Sherwood, I would have had shrugged and walked away, not even bothering to think about her twice.

But ever since the accident, something had come down and hit me hard. I'd been awakened to the truth I'd hidden this entire time. I'd always known she had feelings for me, but then which girl didn't!?

I was popular, good looking, and in demand. Every girl in this school would give anything to be around me. But she was different.

Emelyne had never taken the next step. She would never disrespect herself to get what she wants. Unlike other girls, who'd even sleep with a guy just to get him to stick around. It sickened me.

When I'd seen her get hit by that car, my heart had stopped. I'd dragged the entire team to the hospital to see if she was alright. But after getting there, seeing her lying there helplessly, I hadn't been able to watch. So I'd left.

Now, I just hoped she accepted me for who I was, and it wasn't to late. God, I just wished it wasn't too late!

..................................................................................................................................

(Emelyne's P.O.V)

I was confused! Throughout the entire day, every class, he'd simply ignored me! He'd even chatted like a long time friend with Clarissa Baker, the new girl who'd come out of nowhere and attracted every guy's attention.

In math class, a couple of times he'd seemed as if he wanted to turn around and look at me, but every time he'd end up stretching or yawning instead.

Why would he give me such a beautiful gift, with a note that had his heart in it, and then simply ignore me!?

As the last bell rang, I stomped down the hallway towards my locker. Just as I'd thought, not one person had come up and asked if I was alright. Or where the heck I'd been the past two or three weeks!?

It seemed as if I'd just left and come back without anyone noticing. But then that was me! The nobody. The loner.

And now Jeremy Burton was acting as if I'd never existed, as if he'd never written the damn note in the first place!

A sudden memory of light blue eyes the colour of the sea flashed in my mind, and I thought about the guy who'd saved my life. Where was he now? What could he be doing this very moment?

I silently scolded myself for thinking about such nonsense. He was probably getting on with his life by now. Sure, Casey was an extremely nice guy. But he had a life too! And catering to me wasn't something he was supposed to do all the time!

I put my books into my bag and closed the locker, dreading having to go home. School sucked, but on days like these, when I had no job to get to after school, I hated going home.

The restaurant manager had just called and told me to stay home this morning, followed by the pizza place manager where I worked nights.

Instead of taking a breath of relief from the two jobs I worked, I was irritated and needed something to do instead of going home to Rebeca.

I was walking down the sidewalk when a car honked behind me, I ignored it at first. But then the constant honking made me turn to see who was trying to get my attention.

My words stuck in my throat, and I felt myself freeze as the driver stuck their head out of the window and waved at me.

********************************************************************************

Comment/Vote!

Oh, and lemme kno if you'd like longer chapters!! Cause, that way I could kinda end the story sooner.

Luv you guys! Keep reading ! =)