Friday. 9/8/16

It was a hot sunny Friday. I head for my Sports Med class with my friend Victoria and as I enter the chilly room there he was. Like usual. Already in his seat slunched over and as I make my way to my seat he gives me that faint smile like always. I sit in the first column on the very first seat up in the very front. He sits right behind me two rows down. As class commenced our teachers lesson included the same as every other day: Pledge of Allegiance, talk for a while, Cornell notes, five minute brake, wrapping of the wrist, talk for a while, while we had a five minute brake and lastly taking pulse. Of course taking pulse had to include having a partner so I went up to him and we became partners. I never pay in attention in Sports Med so of course when it came down to wrapping wrist I was completely clueless. I somehow got it done and did an okay job. I had to move on and check for his pulse on his neck and wrist. I slightly adjust my index and middle finger on his left hand down the thumb side and count how many time it beats in thirty seconds. I divided it by two and the result came out to fifty-four beats. When I finished his pulse on his neck the bell rung for lunch and we did not have time to do all my pulses and wrapping. I grab my backpack and wait for my friend Victoria to come out. He ends up coming out first and gives me the gentle fainted smile he always has. Who would have thought that was the last time I was ever going to see him smile ever again.