Part 8

One afternoon, Grayson came home from work one night expecting to see Emily. She was nowhere to be found, and it made him very nervous. Her car was there, but where was she?

"Emily?" he called, thinking that she surely had to be there. When he got no answer, he was even more nervous. Pulling out his phone, he began to call her. No answer. He immediately got in his car and drove to her parents' house, hoping to God that she was there.

=======

Grayson pulled into the Smith Family driveway at almost 40 MPH. He barely got the car in park before running into the house. He was met with a family playing poker.

"Hey babe," Emily greeted with a smile before looking back at her cards. "You scared the crap out of me! I didn't know where you were!" Grayson said, out of breath.

"I went on a walk and ended up here. They were about to play cards, so I decided to stay and play," Emily explained. "I texted you."

Grayson quickly checked his phone, where he was met with the notification he must have missed in his haste. He sheepishly put his phone back in his pocket and looked up, embarrassed. Everyone at the table laughed, and Grayson sat down.

Grayson was dealt into the game while Ella put a pizza in the oven. She knew the kids were going to stay past dinner. She was so grateful that Emily still lived close by. She was also so grateful that she and her husband had taken less hours at work so they could be around more.

Everyone played into the wee hours of the morning. It was decided that Grayson and Emily didn't need to drive home this late, so they stayed in the guest bedroom.

"I'm glad we did this," Emily said as she laid in bed, waiting for Grayson to crawl in beside her. "Me too," Grayson said as he did just that. The two cuddled together, and fell into a deep sleep.

=======

The next day, Grayson and Emily went back home, ready to start their days. Emily had some errands to run, and Grayson decided to go with her. He would only be bored at home, so he decided he could help his girlfriend and hopefully make it go faster.

At fourteen weeks along, you could pretty much tell that Emily was pregnant. Grayson had gone into one aisle and Emily into another when Emily was approached by an older man who her parents had once known.

Growing up, Emily's father John had been raised in the Baptist church. They believe in the opposite of just about everything Ella believed. So, when Emily was born, Ella wanted to raise Emily in the Methodist church like she had been raised. John agreed, not 100% liking the Baptist beliefs anyway, so that's how Emily grew up. Over the years, John had grown to believe mostly like Ella, and then Emily.

One of the things that the Baptist church thought you were going to Hell for, was teen pregnancy. After all, this was in the Bible Belt of the south, where many believed that the only true form of contraception was abstinence.

"I know you! You're John Smith's girl!" a man said with a smile as he walked up to Emily in the aisle. "I am," Emily said with a smile, not knowing who the man was, but knowing that she needed to be polite if he knew her father.

"I'm James Douglas! I was your father's pastor growing up!" James introduced. Emily almost went pale, knowing that unless she was careful at hiding her pregnancy, this conversation would not go well. "Nice to meet you!" Emily said, trying to carefully position her cart as to hide her growing belly. "I haven't seen you since you were a baby. The only reason I recognized you was from the pictures your grandparents show me," James said, going in for a hug.

Emily knew she was going to be caught. She stepped out from behind the cart, and hugged the man. He frowned instantly.

"I heard rumors about you, young lady. I just didn't think they could possibly be true. I mean, your father raised you right. I just know it!..."

Meanwhile, Grayson was one aisle over, listening to the whole exchange. When he began to hear the older man change his tune instantly, he knew that something was wrong. He quickly grabbed the item that he needed, and went over to the aisle that Emily was in.

"Hello sir," Grayson said as he walked up behind Emily, stopping the older man's rant.

"You must be the boyfriend," James assumed, not so subtly looking Grayson up and down. "I am," Grayson replied, with zero shame.

Emily was almost panicked now. Her grandparents didn't know she was pregnant yet. She had been avoiding it, because a few years back her cousin had gotten a tattoo and her grandparents and her aunt and uncle had acted like she had gone and robbed a bank or something. She did not want to see their reactions to this. She knew that if Pastor James was angry enough he would go right and tell Emily's grandparents.

Emily knew that her parents had accepted her. She was so grateful for that. But she was almost certain that the rest of her dad's side of the family wouldn't. They were extremely conservative, and would not think of Emily as anything other than a slut.

"I can't believe that you went and got pregnant! You were a good girl based on your grandparents' stories. And now look at you. Nothing but a little whore," James said with disgust. Emily saw the look of sheer rage come across Grayson's face, so she quickly stopped him. She suddenly saw everything clearly, and she suddenly didn't care if this man went and told her grandparents about her pregnancy.

"You can think what you want about me, but I know that I'm not a whore. My boyfriend know that I'm not a whore. My parents know that I'm not a whore. Yes, I was raised right. Yes, I AM a good girl. I have and I only intend to sleep with this man here. We intend to get married when we're older. Yes, we might be doing things out of order, but I don't care. I love our story, and I love this child more than anything in this world. You can think I'm going to Hell all you want, but I know that God accepts me, and I know that God will forgive me for all of my sins. Now, please get out of my way so that I can finish my shopping and go home."

Grayson was astonished. He had never heard Emily talk like that before. He'd never been more proud. "You're grandparents will hear about this. They will tell your parents," James shouted from the end of the aisle, as Emily and Grayson had already begun to walk away. Emily turned around.

"Tell my grandparents. I don't care. And as for my parents, they already know. And they love their grandchild immensely," Emily said boldly. She plastered a fake smile on her face. "You have a blessed day, sir."

With that, Emily and Grayson finished their shopping, leaving James in aisle two, looking furious.

A/N: Ok, so I don't know why this took me so long to get out. I'm sorry for the wait, though. This one might seem to ramble a bit at the beginning, but I was just so lost on how to start this so that's why. Also, I don't know why I write a lot of confrontation in grocery stores, but I guess that's just how my mind works.

I think the next one might have a bit of a time jump to where they find out the gender, but I'm not sure yet so don't hold me to that. Hope you enjoyed!