2

~from Akira's POV 2nd person~
You blinked as the elevator doors opened. Wait, what? When did I get here? Why can't I remember anything?
Just then, you realized that there was another elevator, out of which had stepped a man close to your age, early twenties.
"Hey," he said, sounding calm as he waved at you, but you were still a bit shaken.
You nodded, and he looked around.
"How'd we get here?" he asked, but you just shrugged.
If I knew that, I would tell you myself.
You followed him down the hallway and to what looked like a bar.
"Welcome to Quindecim," a white-haired man said, his blue eyes focused completely on yours as his mouth formed into a half-smile. "I am your bartender, Decim."
"Nice to meet you," the guy next to you said as he slid onto a stool. You followed, a bit more reluctantly.
"Pardon me, Ma'am," Decim said, facing you, "but is something the matter? You look unwell."
You opened your mouth to speak, but you turned away. "I'm fine," you said softly, and he hesitated a moment before nodding, although you didn't meet his eyes.
"I apologize for my rudeness," he murmured, "please forgive me."
"It's not your fault at all," you whispered. There was a long-stretched moment of silence before the guy sitting next to you spoke up.
"So, Decim, was it?"
The bartender turned away, facing the man instead of you, and nodded. "May I assist you with something?"
The guy nodded. "Can you tell us where we are?"
"As I said earlier, you are-"
"Yeah, I know. This place is Quindecim, right? But where is Quindecim?"
"I'm afraid that I cannot answer that question."
The man sighed. "Fine. Whatever. Can you at least tell me why we're here, or how we got here?" He paused. "In fact, why can't we remember anything?"
Decim just repeated the same sentence as before. "I'm afraid that I cannot answer any of those questions but one."
"Which one?" he asked, leaning forward, elbows resting on the counter of the bar.
Decim turned to face both of you. "You are here to play a game."
"Huh?" the guy asked, but Decim continued.
"The rules are simple. Your lives are staked on the game you play, which will be determined by roulette. Shall I cover the other rules as well?"
"Nah, I think I'm good," the guy said. "I just have to play along with whatever this is, right?"
Decim didn't answer, just turned towards you. "And you, Ma'am? Would you like to hear the other rules?"
You hesitated before shaking your head, not meeting his eyes. "I'm fine," you whispered, and his eyes were on you for a second too long before turning back to the other guest.
"I understand. Please determine the game you will play by using the roulette."
"So I just hit this button, right?" the guy asked, his hand already moving before he'd finished asking the question. He pressed down after Decim nodded, and various screens lit up before a final image was selected.
"Darts," Decim announced, and the other man tilted his head.
"Really?" His eyes lit up. "I love darts!" He hurried off of his stool and made his way to the dartboard area that magically appeared.
You dragged yourself off of the stool and followed him, always a few steps behind, your gaze focused on the ground as Decim briefly explained the rules of the game. You weren't paying attention though. It was just darts, after all. Why would you have the motivation to play?
The other guy turned to you. "Is it all right if I go first?" he asked eagerly, and you shook your head, feeling weighted down. "Sweeeeet!" he yelled, already reaching for a dart and adjusting so he was in the proper form before releasing the dart. You watched out of the corner of your eye as it landed in a slice of the circle that looked to be inscribed with a muscle, maybe a shoulder.
"It's your turn!" he said, sounding pleased, and with a shrug, you haphazardly aimed and missed the target altogether. This time, he hit a picture with a stomach on it, and when you went, you hit the outside edges of the target, still not a decent shot. You continued to alternate (with him always hitting something and you failing miserably due to poor hand-eye coordination). His last shot was a direct bulls-eye to the heart, and your final shot was the only one to score, as you hit the slice with an eyeball design.
Instantly, he began screaming as he crumbled to his knees, grasping at his face, as you looked on in confusion. You went to sweep your hair out of your eyes when you felt something wet. When you pulled your hand back, it was a dark red. You looked down and realized that you'd somehow started bleeding in various places.
"I don't understand," Decim uttered, moving towards you and ignoring the other man for the most part. "Why didn't you feel pain when he hit the targets? Why do you have no motivation to play my game?"
You turned towards him, your eyes downcast as you finally met his eyesight. "I already know that I'm dead, if that's what you mean. I also know that it was a suicide." You paused, biting your lip and you recalled all of your insecurities and struggles of your past life. "And I don't possess the ability to feel and interpret pain."