The Dragon

-Alex's Perspective-

This Dragon task came around far to quick for my liking.

A large stadium was, in some way assembled on one of the surrounding Hogwarts mountains. It was octagonal in shape. The stands could hold the entirety of Hogwarts, which at this current time was absolutely massive.

But I didn't have the time to appreciate the arena, no.
I was stuck in the champions tent, thinking more and more about my growing concern of the fact that in a few hours I would be facing a dragon, ending inevitably in my own death.

McGonagall had seeked myself and the others out after breakfast. It was stressful enough without my name being summoned to the front of the hall.

Currently I was sat on a medic bench which gave me a small glance that hope was there. But then again you can't revive ash...even with magic.

The others showed similar approaches in the way of nerves:
Krum was sat on a box muttering things to himself in Bulgarian.
Cedric sat on a chair crouched over staring into the air.
Fleur and Harry were both pacing which was becoming more and more irritable.

I looked over to Cedric. He'd been there for me when the others weren't apart from Harry.

Hermione had been trying for me but unlike Harry I didn't want to be with people. I just wanted to have time alone, to think. Like now, I'm sat here fiddling with these specially made clothes. We were all in them.

Krum wore the Bulgarian colours. A red cloak, grey t-shirt and black jogging bottom styled trousers.

Cedric was wearing Hufflepuff colours of black and yellow. His robe had a black base with bright yellow stripes down the seems, along with similar shirt and trousers to Krum.

Then Fleur in dark blue track suit, accompanied with a metallic silver gilet.

Harry was in Gryffindor colours: a red and black hoodie with yellow stripes and black trousers.

Then there was me in a vibrant gold based hoodie, matched with 'Fletcher' in red on the back with black stripes going from my shoulder to the sleeve cuff. I also had on black trousers which weren't the most fitting. They had two thin gold stripes down the outer leg.

I, like Harry also opted for fingerless gloves.

Cedric stood from his seat and swapped from his current chair to the space next to me on the medical bench.

"It'll be alright." Cedric reassured me. Classic Hufflepuff looking out for everyone around them.

"People die Cedric." I was clearly best to stay out of Hufflepuff. Currently I wasn't really a Gryffindor either, I was more morbid and depressing, not galant and joyful.

"I know, but we'll get through it together. Alright?" He asked nudging me with a smile.

"Alright." I replied half heartedly.

"Come here." He pulled me into a hug.

I knew Cedric had always smelt nice but today he was different than previous. He smelt like a bonfire. And was warm and cozy to snuggle into. But the moment was disrespectfully disrupted by a sudden flash of white light and then followed by a small emission of smoke.