blue skies

Troye

"Does he have a crush on you?" My internet friend Via asked me.  We skyped whenever we could- because she's in New York, I'm in California. The time zones were tough.

"I have no idea." I sighed, propping my head up with my hand. "I'm just sick of the gossip that people heard from my last school."

"Oh god is the man slut thing coming back?" She bit her lip. 

I shrugged, "No idea. I think he heard it from his 'friends'." I said with air quotes.

"Fuck him then, Tro. You don't deserve this bull." 

I chuckled quietly and fixed my hair, "yeah, but he's so nice and adorable."

"Also three years older than you. You don't need this."

"But what about just being friends with him?"

She hummed as she thought....

"Maybe." Via replied. "Give it some time though."

"Yeah I suppose."

She gave me a warm smile, then checked her phone, "Shit, I gotta go. I'll talk to you soon, Tro. Love you!"

"Love you too!" I said as we both blew kisses to each other and then she disconnected.

--------

I sat in my yard, looking up at the perfect blue sky. It matched my blue nikes, perfect sky blue, perfect photo blue. Blue was so aesthetically pleasing.

I sighed and stretched out my arms as I laid there, the sunlight hitting my face and continuing to think only of blue skies until my phone buzzes on my stomach.

I roll my eyes as I grab it and check the person that's texting me.

Connor fucking Franta.

Troye:

what do you want

Connor Franta:

that's a lil harsh

Troye:

really tho what do you want

Connor Franta:

to talk to someone?

Troye:

about what.

Connor Franta:

What's wrong with you?? 

Troye:

How do you know about the man slut thing? 

Connor Franta: 

oh god tro I'm sorry.. Ricky and my other friends kept pushing me that you were a man slut

troye:

Don't call me Tro. And I didn't want that gossip following me to a new school. 

Connor Franta. 

I'm so sorry

Troye:

I thought I could trust you, you seemed nice at first, but not if you're going to listen to those fucks you call your friends. Goodbye.

Connor Franta:

Troye

Connor Franta:

Please

Connor Franta: 

Don't do this. 

----

I shut down my phone and laid down in the yard, the wet grass surrounding me and making my sweater and skirt slightly damp. I sighed as I closed my eyes, feeling the heat in the fronts of my eyelids and skin. 

I just needed to think.