5

Summer

Harry and I sat in the booth together almost three whole hours. I had no complaints though. His smooth British accent was lovely. He smelled so nice and he was hardly an eye sore. He had model-like looks and it was hard not to stare.

"Its getting a little hot, do you mind?" Harry asked before snatching his shirt off and tossing it to the floor. "I work better with less clothes anyway," he added, smirking a little.

"It's your tour bus, do as you please." I said. "Just know, I'm not taking mine off too."

He laughed at my lame joke. "That's too bad, I was really hoping..."

I laughed at his lame joke as well. "Okay, back to the song," I said. "I really think we should lengthen the bridge or make the chorus longer. The song itself is too short."

Harry nodded. "That's a technique you use often?"

The question caught me off guard. It showed he was listening on a deeper level. He wasn't just taking my advice, he really was trying to learn from me.

"Yeah actually, when I was helping Sia with Diamonds, we did that and it transformed the song almost. Some times just the right tweak can give it everything its been missing."

"So would a third verse benefit our song?" He asked, peering down at the lyrics he'd handwritten.

I scooted my stool beside him so I could see them as well. "Not this song, see its like a story. If this was a song about a declaration- like a declaration of love, or betrayal , or hate and pain, that'd be okay. Its almost like a rant with a tune that rhymes too."

"I see," he nodded. "You're really good at this, Summer." He looked up at me, his green eyes piercing me. "The way you explain things, it just makes sense."

For a few seconds he just looked at me. It was like he was looking for something. I didn't mind it because it gave me the opportunity to look at him too. Harry was very attractive. His dark pink lips stood out bright against his pale skin. His dark curls were also contrasting his complexion. His eyes just tied it all together. Then his accent, that was just a gift from God.

"Sorry," he quickly apologised after realizing he'd been staring.

"It's fine. Song writing gets intense sometimes." I nodded. I began nervously fiddling with my curls, separating one just to pull the curl out and let it bounce back.

"I don't think that's it." He said slowly. "But we can pretend that's it, if you want." He was no longer smiling and cheeky.

"Harry-"

"I know, Ryan and Kasey, but I'm different than them. I-"

"Let me finish, Harry." I insisted. I sighed before speaking again. "I can't be the reason this band splits up. I won't allow myself to come in between you guys." I stood because I definitely needed some space. Then it hit me. "How do you know about Ryan? Did he say something to you?"

"He may have mentioned that he thinks you're cute or something. Why? Do you like him, Summer?"

"I'm not dating any of you. I'm not sleeping with any of you. None of you will ever see me naked or take me on a date. That's the last thing I wanna hear about that okay? I am here to work." I said before storming out of the booth. I turned around in the doorway to face him. "And if this doesn't work out I'll leave and take my songs with me."

Harry

I was dumbfounded. My jaw was hanging. I couldn't form a sentence. I was shocked. Usually all I had to do was turn on the charm and quit grinning so much.

"Summer," I finally managed to say once I got myself together. I caught up to her by the bunks. The guys were all sitting at the tables, listening.

She turned around and faced me with her arms crossed. I put an arm on the bunks leaning over a little, shielding our conversation from the boys.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you. I just wanted you to know how I felt." I tried explaining but I still felt wrong.

"What about how I feel? Three friends, three band mates all want me to know and consider their feelings, but someone is gonna be pissed when they don't get picked."

She made sense and I could see how we were all putting pressure on her. "You're right... But it might be worth it." I reached a hand up and put it under her chin while my thumb ran across her bottom lip before I leaned in and kissed her.

The boys couldn't see past me so they weren't aware of the fact that she was letting me kiss her and that she actually kissed me back. She didn't hesitate or pull away. It was almost as if she'd been waiting for it to happen.