Books for September!

Hi guys! This is just a list of recommended books for the month of September. Every month I'll post a new list of about five books. You can read as many of them as you want, and throughout the month I'll create discussion pages, etc. for each of the books. 

Four of the five will be non-Wattpad books. The fifth will be on Wattpad and for this month I'm letting you guys give ideas! Leave suggestions in the comments! 

Note that in the future the amount of wattpad and off-wattpad books with vary. I'll also have a special thing just for Wattpad books and things, but that will come later. 

1. Me Being Me Is Exactly As Insane As You Being You  

Author: Todd Hasak-Lowy

Genre: Teen Fiction

 " A heartfelt, humorous story of a teen boy's impulsive road trip after the shock of his lifetime—told entirely in lists!

Darren hasn't had an easy year.

There was his parents' divorce, which just so happened to come at the same time his older brother Nate left for college and his longtime best friend moved away. And of course there's the whole not having a girlfriend thing.

Then one Thursday morning Darren's dad shows up at his house at 6 a.m. with a glazed chocolate doughnut and a revelation that turns Darren's world insid
e out. In full freakout mode, Darren, in a totally un-Darren move, ditches school to go visit Nate. Barely twenty-four hours at Nate's school makes everything much better or much worse—Darren has no idea. It might somehow be both. All he knows for sure is that in addition to trying to figure out why none of his family members are who they used to be, he's now obsessed with a strangely amazing girl who showed up out of nowhere but then totally disappeared.

Told entirely in lists, Todd Hasak-Lowy's debut YA novel perfectly captures why having anything to do with anyone, including yourself, is:

1. painful
2. unavoidable
3. ridiculously complicated
4. possibly, hopefully the right thing after all. "

2. Shadowshaper 

Author: Daniel Jose Older 

Genre: Fantasy

 "Paint a mural. Start a battle. Change the world.

Sierra Santiago planned an easy summer of making art and hanging out with her friends. But then a corpse crashes the first party of the season. Her stroke-ridden grandfather starts apologizing over and over. And when the murals in her neighborhood begin to weep real tears... Well, something more sinister than the usual Brooklyn ruckus is going on.

With the help of a fellow artist named Robbie, Sierra discovers shadowshaping, a thrilling magic that infuses ancestral spirits into paintings, music, and stories. But someone is killing the shadowshapers one by one -- and the killer believes Sierra is hiding their greatest secret. Now she must unravel her family's past, take down the killer in the present, and save the future of shadowshaping for generations to come.

Full of a joyful, defiant spirit and writing as luscious as a Brooklyn summer night, Shadowshaper introduces a heroine and magic unlike anything else in fantasy fiction, and marks the YA debut of a bold new voice.  "

3. I Will Always Write Back: How One Letter Changed Two Lives 

Author: Caitlin Alifrenka and Martin Ganda 

Genre: Nonfiction

"The true story of an all-American girl and a boy from Zimbabwe and the letter that changed both of their lives forever.

It started as an assignment. Everyone in Caitlin's class wrote to an unknown student somewhere in a distant place.

Martin was lucky to even receive a pen-pal letter. There were only ten letters, and fifty kids in his class. But he was the top student, so he got the first one.

That letter was the beginning of a correspondence that spanned six years and changed two lives.

In this compelling dual memoir, Caitlin and Martin recount how they became best friends --and better people--through their long-distance exchange. Their story will inspire you to look beyond your own life and wonder about the world at large and your place in it."

4. Knockdown

Author: Brenda Beem

Genre: Realistic Fiction (I think) 

"First Place Winner of the HWG Annual Genre Manuscript Contest

In eighteen hours a mega tsunami will hit the Pacific Coast. It will leave in its wake massive destruction and an ice age. Sixteen-year-old Toni, her brothers, their friends, and two homeless girls race the clock as they sail Toni's family boat far out to sea.

The teens work together. Friendships are forged. Romance blooms. Tempers flare. When disaster strikes, it's up to Toni to lead the crew when her brothers cannot. But where in the ravaged world can they go?"

5. The fifth spot is open for a book on Wattpad! If you have a book you would like to suggest. leave it in the comments!

Feel free to talk about which books you'll think about reading and other things in the comments, but please no spoilers if you've already read there books. 

All books summaries are from Amazon.com