Awaken

Avari pushed her hand up out of the dirt and pulled herself out from under it, coughing and attempting to wipe dirt out of her eyes. She got to where she could see and breathe normally, mostly, then attempted to stand but was unable to do this, as her legs seemed to not want to work. Feeling herself up for wounds she found none on her legs or corresponding areas, but as she moved to her back she felt a large wound in her side leading to her spine. 'Shit' she thought 'They've paralyzed me from the waist down!' she began to crawl towards the area of untouched woods so as to find shelter there, and hopefully some water to get the rest of the dirt out of her eyes. As her tears did their job she was able to see more and more and finally was able to see individual shapes, like the general outline of a tree. She focused on a tree and used all her strength to pull herself towards it, but stopped suddenly when she began to feel excruciating pain all over her body. There was a slight snap and all the pain went away, all of it. Opening her eyes, Avari saw that she was now standing next to the tree she had been focused on. The first thing she tried to do was move her leg, and was startled when it responded. She looked herself over again and found that the wound in her side was gone, along with several scars she had had for a few years. Looking back to where she had been she saw the suit she had been wearing sitting on the ground along with a piece of PVC pipe, which appeared to be what had caused her to be paralyzed. Turning around she also noticed her eyesight seemed to be improved by a great deal, making it so she noticed the tiniest details, like the hooks on the hairs of a nearby spider. She then looked at her own hands and saw the palms begin to grow hair exactly like the ones on the spider. Smiling she turned and began walking towards the nearest city. As she walked she paid attention to every creature she passed gaining 'abilities', as she took to calling them, from the stronger species. She passed an owl and sprouted wings and a tail and began to fly making the speed at which she approached the city increase tenfold. She landed on the first building and observed the humans, as she didn't consider herself one anymore, wander through the streets.