Chapter 31

Mia's P.O.V

He leaned towards me so that our lips were literally inches apart. Butterflies rose up inside me, what should I do? And then he kissed me... I felt a happy, bubbly feeling in my tummy as I kissed him back. It felt right. We pulled apart and I beamed at him, I couldn't believe how much my life had changed because of him. I felt sad, lonely, depressed and then Mark came into the shop and turned that all around. We hadn't known each other that long and I knew we'd get hate for that but it felt different, he made me feel special.

"100%! Should I publish it?" Mark smiled at me.
"Okay..." I said nervously,
"how do you think they'll react?" I leaned against Mark.
"It'll be fine, I'm sure they'll love you!" He replied. He hit publish and I bit my lip with worry. Streams of comments started coming through, so fast that I didn't have time to read them.
"Don't worry about it, let's leave it." Mark got up and headed to the door. I was glad that I was finally ready to date someone again after Ryan. Ryan was my ex-boyfriend, our relationship started out fine until one of my friends told me that she saw him stealing money from me. I didn't believe her of course but suddenly things started going missing. Precious things like jewellery, money, keys and I became wary about leaving my things out around him. It was when I questioned him that things started to go wrong. He became very temperamental and occasionally hit me, I hated it but I was too scared to leave him. My money soon disappeared as he had clever ploys to make me give it to him, I obviously didn't realise at the time. That was when I had to get another job as my current job wasn't paying enough. The problem grew and grew and I ended up with three different jobs, which I have now, it was a struggle. I finally plucked up the courage to confront him and I left him. He made my life hell after that, it only stopped recently, I felt like I could never date someone again. One of the things he stole was a necklace from my late Nana. My nana was everything to me, she was genuinely the kindest person I ever knew and it broke my heart when she passed away. I never got the necklace back, I used to wear it everyday and touch it whenever I was sad. I missed it a lot.
"Mia? Are you okay?" I felt Mark pull me into a hug, I rested my head against his shoulder.
"Yeah I'm fine." I sighed as he hugged me tighter.

Ryan's P.O.V

I just wanted to wipe that stupid smile off her face. She giggled and I almost threw my laptop across the room, who did she think she was? Her new boyfriend 'Mark' put his arm around her shoulder and smiled at her. I hated him. I hated her. I bet if he found out about how she had to have three jobs; a cleaner at a school, a shop assistant and a dish cleaner at a cafe, then he wouldn't want to be with her any longer because she wouldn't be able to buy him anything. This was it, I was going to teach her a lesson. I typed 'Mark Ferris' into Google and it came up with pictures of him, Zoella and Pointless Blog. He knew that annoying beauty guru and her idiot boyfriend? That meant that Mia must know them... Suddenly a plan formed in my mind, by the end of this week Mia would no longer be laughing and giggling. Her so-called 'friends' were about to turn against her and she wasn't going to like it one bit...

I emptied my drawers onto the floor and sought through them angrily. Aha! Her nana's necklace. I never sold this one because I always thought it may come in handy to use against her at some point. I'm glad I kept it. Time to research Mia's new best friends, I scanned the Internet. 'Zoella the Internet sensation gets adorable pug puppy' immediately came up, I clicked on it.

Zoella, the YouTube star, and her boyfriend (Pointless Blog) finally announced that they were getting a puppy a couple of weeks ago. They brought the adorable pug home and Zoella, also known as Zoe Sugg, immediately took to social media to tell her fans about the latest addition to their family. "I'd like you guys to meet Nala!'' She tweeted, her devoted followers all responded soon after, cooing over the puppy.

The article went on and on, all about their pug. I typed 'Nala' into Google, immediately hundreds of pictures of a small, black pug took over my screen. I despised this dog already. Time to figure out how to put my plan into action. I grabbed my phone and my keys and headed towards the door.