Briniiya

​​~Day 1~

Shaggy auburn hair is brushed out of the face of Kiaru as he wanders about the front of his house, aimless. His worn boots kick at the small pebbles that cover the ground in patches, sending a few flying off into the bushes, kicking dirt up.

His green eyes follow the stones as they disappear without a trace,tracking the small rocks with a slight interest before his gaze travels down to the ground again.

He kicks at the stones again, having nothing more to do than watch as the pebbles dislodge themselves from the dirt and fly off.

A black figure moves from the corner of his eye, and a smile forms on Kiaru's lips as he turns towards it.

"Hey, Arcan! Boy, come here!" he calls.

The Skianine trots over, the unclear shapes of paws hitting the ground. Shadow seems to spew from the creature’s body, surrounding him. The wispy shape of a tail of black moves back and forth, and the vague form of a black tongue hangs down as he pants. The black shadow mingles with the white mist that is in the place of teeth. He nudges Kiaru's leg fondly.

"Hey boy," Kiaru says with a smile, scratching the animal behind the ears as he lowers himself to the ground. "How are you today?" He sits criss cross, scooting to get in front of the animal and squeezing Arcan's face together, laughing as he tries to lick him.

“Aw come on,” he chuckles, leaning back and gently pushing the Skia away.

Arcan backs off and pads around the boy, circling around him once before settling down beside him, on his right. He looks up at Kiaru affectionately with his black eyes.

"Good boy," the brunette laughs, absentmindedly stroking the Skia's back. His green eyes flicker up to the sky and his smile fades into the bored expression he had worn all day.

/Well, that's not a surprise. Cloudy again. As always in Raena./

The sky is tinted red, filled with lots of clouds, thick as a blanket as they hide the large moon.

/Never any light at night. Tonight is no exception./

"It's always like this, isn't it, Arcan?" Kiaru sighs, leaning back against the animal. "Cloudy day after cloudy day after cloudy day. The third season is the worst," he complains, pouting. "There’s never anything but clouds in the sky, even in the daytime. Although, even in the other seasons there are clouds..." he sighs.

They sit there in silence, staring up, until the sound of footsteps on the dirt path catch the boy’s attention. Shoes crunch on the stones, and Kiaru glances up at the person, somewhat curious. His curiosity fades though when he recognizes the man, and he scowls at him, displeased.

Riider.

The boy hugs Arcan around the neck tighter, protectively, and the Skia simply licks his face, nuzzling against his cheek.

Riider's lavender eyes come to a halt on the pair as he clucks his tongue. He stops in front of them, turning towards the both of them with a stern look on his face that always seemed to be there.

"Oh, Riider, hi. Pleasure to see you this evening," Kiaru remarks, sarcasm dripping from his voice. His eyes flash before he rolls them, settling back on the man with a bored expression.

Riider simply scoffs at the boy, returning the eye roll as he tugs at the collar of his shirt, pulling it up. "Yes, isn't it, Kiaru?" he responds sharply. "Lovely night. What are you up to now though, on such an evening like this? Hanging out with that monster of yours still?"

Kiaru's expression shifts into that of irritation. "Arcan isn't a monster!" he shouts back, a glare coming over his features. his green eyes pierce through the man sharply, but Riider seemed unaffected.