Mistake (Soul x Reader)

I stand at the end of the isle. This is a mistake. I should not be here, not with him, anyway. But, do I dare end this now? Everybody is expecting this to end happily, but it can't.

My eyes shift from my hands in Kids, to his eyes. Worry is in his eyes. Is he scared that I will end this? Does he not want this to continue as well?

"If there are any objections, please speak now." My thoughts are broken.

The room is silent. I look to Soul, who is in the front row. I kind of expected him to speak up. Being as he was against the whole engaged to Kid thing.

"Yes. I object." The crowd gasps, as all the attention is shifted to the one who spoke up. I only look at Soul. His eyes wide and mouth open.

"I as well," Kid speaks to the crowd. Everyone moves their eyes from me to him, including mine. "This isn't right."

"I know."

"Leave this behind us?"

"Of course."

"No hard feelings?"

"Never."

Our hands drop to our sides. Soul stands up, and I turn my attention to him, ignoring all the whispers in the room. Kid walks to the side, leaving me alone. I decided to go to Soul, so I did. Picking up the skirt I carefully step down, heading towards the first row; towards him. I grab Souls hand, and drag him back down the isle I just walked down. The door closes.

"Why? You were going to be happy! So, why?" Soul asks, sounding a little mad.

"Did you not hear what we said to each other?" Soul shakes his head. "Kid and I said that this is wrong, and that there are no hard feelings. Both him and I didn't want this anymore."

"What happened to "we"? We are just friends. We are dating. We are engaged. We are having a wedding. What happened when it was only you and Kid?!"

"Why are you so concerned?! You didn't like this! Now, you want Kid and I together?! Make up your mind for crying out loud!" I started to yell.

"I want you to be happy! That is what I always ever wanted for you!" Soul yells back.

"I'm not going to be happy with him!" Tears form in my eyes. Darn, I forgot I cry when I get agitated. "Now, just tell me why the change of mind?!"

"Because I love you! That is why I gave in! Because he made me jealous and I wanted you to be mine! If you love someone you let them go! That is what I did! So! You! Would! Be! Happy! That is all I ever wanted for you! Because I LOVE YOU!" I am taken aback by his words. Soul loved me. Do I love him back? My heart skipped a beat whenever he said "love".

"You love me?" I ask quietly.

"Yes. Yes, I do. So, so much." Soul lowers his voice too. His hand wipes the tears that have fallen on my face away.

"I want to hear you say it."

"I love you." My heart flutters.

"Again."

"Did you not hear me?"

"Just do it."

"Fine. I love you."

"And again."

"Why do you care, anyway?" Soul sighs.

"Because I might love you too." I look to my feet.

Soul takes my hand and puts it around his neck. I keep it there and he gingerly places his hand on my shoulder. His other hand moves mine to his waist. Dipping me, I find him leaning in to kiss me. And he does. It is so soft, I expected more. But Soul kisses me as if even the slightest touch could shatter me into a million pieces.

"That was meant for Kid today." Soul pulls away from me completely.

"I don't want Kid. I want you."

"Good. Because I want you too."