July 4th, 1776

You walk home from the market, carrying a basket of goods to your family's estate in upper New York City.

Your family has been recently shaken by the revolt of the colonies, and lately your father has been considering moving back to his hometown of Cornwall, England.

You think it's absurd that the crown won't let the colonies be free, but that's not for you to decide, cause, you know, "You are but a weak and feeble GIRL!!" As your father tells you.

Suddenly you hear footsteps behind you. You spin around to see your childhood friend, Gary. He would have been a perfectly normal kid if he wasn't shy and insisted on being called after his favorite color, Green..

Still, nevertheless, he was handsome and your parents were pushing him to court you.

You blushed at the thought of being his wife.

"Uh, (name) are you alright? Your face is redder than the tomatoes in your basket."

You gasp and blush harder. "Terribly sorry, Green..." You apologize. 

"It's alright." He says with a smile, grabbing a apple out of your basket and taking a bite out of it. 

"Oi! That's for dinner you bloody idiot!" You cry, slapping at him.

He chuckles and hugs you. "I'd love to come over for dinner tonight. What's on the menu?" He asks as you begin to walk back to your house. " Roast beef and cornbread." You answer, motioning for him to follow. 

You are walking back when you hear cheering from the nearby church. You and Green go over to see what all the blabbing is about. 

On the steps of the church, a man is reading a document. 

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights." The man says. "That among these, are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." 

You and Green listen to the reading of the document. You can see that he believes that what the man is saying is true. All men are created equal.

You and green turn away from the crowd and continue to your family's estate.