Roughly 2 years later

"...and so, it is easy to make the conclusion that without light, it would be hard to heal." Zhang Yixing finishes his speech. Sehun didn't really pay much attention to him though, all he knew was that it was a mushy speech.

The teacher stands up and motions for Yixing to sit back down. The teacher then moves to the front of the room and clears his throat. "So does anyone have any questions?"

No one says a word, so the teacher moves on. The rest of the class goes by quickly, by the time the teacher ends his lecture the bell rings. Sehun packs up his stuff before leaving.

Well, at least he tried leaving.

"Sehun-ah!" The sound of a familar shrill voice sounds through the hallway. Soon, Byun Baekhyun is bounding down the hallway and clinging to his side. "Sehun-ah! Your speech was so nice, but not as good as my Yixing's!" Baekhyun gleams.

Sehun stars ahead, hoping that maybe this time she will take his silence as a hint, but that hasn't worked out for him yet. Baekhyun suddenly squeezes his arm harder.

"Sehun-ah, its Taeyeon." She whispers before detaching herself and running through the crowd. Sehun doesn't bother to follow her though, Taeyeon isn't that scary.

With Baekhyun gone, Sehun makes his way to the bus stop alone. Baekhyun was really the only one who rode with him, but today she didn't arrive like usual. Sehun disregards it though and waits patiently to go back to the house.

When he arrives home, his mother is already there. The door isn't even shut when she calls for him. He sighs and drops his bag down on the floor. He slowly walks into the kitchen to see his mom washing dishes with her back to him.

"What did you need?"

She doesn't beat around the bush or question Sehun's attendance. "I need you to do something for me."

"Mom," Sehun groans, "no."

There is a plate set down rather harshly. "Please Sehun, this is more of a favor for someone else than it is for me."

Sehun shifts his weight and crosses his arms. "And what's in it for me?"

"If thats all you ever care about then I'll ask someone else. Maybe Baekhyun, I know she has a generous heart." His mother said in a cold tone.

"Mom, how could you say that?" Sehun yells at her, the woman always has something to say.

"But its true Sehun-ah. Ever since your father's death you've been nothing but selfish. You've shut just about everyone out and you won't listen unless you get something." She discards her gloves and turns around. "This is a favor made from generosity, not payment."

Sehun glares at her. Part of him just wants to walk away, but the other part wants to show his mom that he can be generous. After a few moments he sneers. "I'll do it. Out of the kindness of my heart." He says in a mocking tone before leaving the room. His mom shakes her head before resuming washing the dishes.
.
..
...
....
The next day Sehun arrives at school alone, but he doesn't mind. He walks down the hallway freely, almost tempted to dance, but he could feel someone watching him from behind. At least he had that going for him.

There is a small tap on his shoulder, so he turns around to face Taeyeon. She looked worried for a moment before her usual neutral facial expression kicked in. "Hey Sehun..." She started off almost mumbling. "I was wondering if you've got any notes from yesterday that I could borrow."

"Nope." Sehun lied. "But Baekhyun does."

Taeyeon froze. "She's also got music notes, friend notes, and the notes for the festival." Sehun continued.

"Sehun, I-"

"I don't care, Taeyeon. I'm sorry, but no." Sehun brushes her off and walks away towards his classroom.

After finishing his homework, Sehun finds himself alone for supper tonight. His mom had left a note on the table but he didn't bother to read it. He simply stayed up in his room staring at the ceiling, daydreaming about another world.