Part 2- The Selected

Tonight was the Report, Maia paced the house like crazy, ignoring her house chores. No one knows she entered except Sophie. She didn't even tell her best friend, who was unable to enter due to current health issues.

Kent had just gotten home and placed his bag of art supplies down. He happen to catch Maia pacing nervously back and forth biting her nails.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked her, not even saying hello first.

"Well hi to you too Kent" she rolled her eyes, "I'm just worried about Malinda that's all" she lied.

Malinda has been recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Due to her health concerns her mother forbids she leaves town.

"I'm sorry kiddo, I'm sure she'll make it through" his face soften and pulled Maia into a hug.

Yes, Maia was worried for Malinda, but she was even more petrified about the Report tonight. If she is Selected, Kent will never trust her. If she isn't, she'll obviously be disappointed and questioned at all times by him.

Sophie had come home from school and was as giddy as ever. She normally is a bubbly person but today it was extra. She was jumping all over place, grinning from ear to ear.

She ran up and hugged Kent super tight, "Sophie will you chill?" He pushed her off of him.

"Guys we need to make dinner" Maia started taking things out of fridge. Today was Maia's dinner day. She was going to make something special for the unknown occasion tonight. She had bought spaghetti and meatballs for her night. It was one of her favorite dishes.

After a half an hour, their parents came home. Their mother washed up and sat at her place at the table, where their father was already waiting for dinner.

"The reports on tonight" Sophie blurted out. "I can't wait to see who the Selected are" and without hesitation she looked right at me, "don't you Maia?" she winked.

"Of course" she was nervous and sweaty a bit. She doesn't want to give anything away.

***

It was finally time for the Report, Maia and her family all sat around the tv. Kent and her parents sat on the couch while her and Sophie sat on the floor.

The national anthem started to play and Johnny Moreau and Perri Parsons walked out onto set.

"Good evening Illeá, the moment you all have been waiting for will be beginning shortly" Johnny clasped his hands together in pure cheer.

"Shall we get started?" Perri looked over to Prince Lucas Alexander.

"Most definitely" Prince Lucas stated as he nervously fidgeted in his chair.

"All righty then, Perri the first envelope please" and Perri handed him the slip.

"From Kent, Miss Agatha Flint" her picture appeared across the screen in the background.

"Hansport, Miss Liana Singer" he continued.

The King looks excited as the pictures flick past. He occasionally leans over to Lucas-Alexander, whispering comments unintelligible to the crowd. Prince Lucas- Alexander already looks overwhelmed, but smiles occasionally at his fathers words.

"Hallow Bree of Waverly" Perri started the next few.

"From Zuni, Miss Briell Lawrence"